Using a stud for my female…

Sdiamonds

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to be sure I’m done everything correct when using a stud for my girl. I’ve asked about testing and the stud owner said they will have all new paperwork for recent testing. They said that I would drop my girl off with them for a week and they would ensure mating happens. Is this typical practice? I’m sorry if this is an ignorant question but I would hate for my girl to be stolen. If this is typical practice, is there certain safety’s I should have in place? I appreciate all the help! Thank you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sdiamonds

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
May matter or not but she is a Sphinx.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Surely this is someone you’ve met through showing and/or recommended by your mentor?

if not, go back to your mentor and seek their advice on a suitable boy rather than use a total strangers cat.

hopefully both cats are HCM scanned and gene tested with all that’s going on in the breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sdiamonds

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don’t have a mentor. So doing my best to screen potentials myself.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sphynx are not a breed to just figure out alone, the breeder of your girl should be mentoring you, was she sold with breeding rights?

has she been shown and titled? What will she add to the breed by having a litter? Has she been HCM scanned and gene tested? Those are all very important before having a litter, especially the HCM issues breeders are working really hard on with the new tests, you need to have a group of experienced breeders supporting and guiding you.