@username doesn't seem to be working?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have "tagged" a few members lately and noticed they have not responded to the post, which is highly unusual.  Today, one of them finally (after two weeks) responded and actually mentioned that he had never been notified that he had been (as I called it) "tagged".  Here is the thread where I typed his namepreceded by the @ ('course I don't want to "tag" him here unnecessarily, but I wanted Harrylime to get involved in the thread):  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/272007/scouted-many-forums-not-sure-what-the-answer-is#post_3498631

There have also been a few posts where I thought LDG could offer her vast knowledge, and she never came on, which is HIGHLY unusual.  If I need to try to find those posts, I can try, but off the top of my head cannot remember them.  Just wondering if there is a problem with either the user....me
, or the system.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think it's ever worked for me but I keep trying in case it gets 'fixed'.  Sometimes I PM another team member if I want to draw their attention to something becuase the @ hasn't worked for me.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens just fine (shows up as a blue link), but when someone @'d me, I didn't get any notification or anything.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have "tagged" a few members lately and noticed they have not responded to the post, which is highly unusual.  Today, one of them finally (after two weeks) responded and actually mentioned that he had never been notified that he had been (as I called it) "tagged".  Here is the thread where I typed his namepreceded by the @ ('course I don't want to "tag" him here unnecessarily, but I wanted Harrylime to get involved in the thread):  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/272007/scouted-many-forums-not-sure-what-the-answer-is#post_3498631

There have also been a few posts where I thought LDG could offer her vast knowledge, and she never came on, which is HIGHLY unusual.  If I need to try to find those posts, I can try, but off the top of my head cannot remember them.  Just wondering if there is a problem with either the user....me ;) , or the system.

Have you upgraded your browser lately?

Which browser are you using, what operating system and are you using the RichText or BBCode editor?

I can mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens just fine (shows up as a blue link), but when someone @'d me, I didn't get any notification or anything.
The normal way to get notified is an email to the address you registered with. :).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm using Firefox, Windows 7, Rich Text.  I upgrade my browser whenever I get notification that I should.  And usually when I do the "@username", it does turn blue, or at least it USED to.  Can't recall if it's done it lately or not.

Edit:  I just "tagged" Feralvr and it switched to blue, so I am hoping she gets it.  I guess time will tell.  This is the thread, if it helps anyone to see if there are any issues:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/272884/how-to-care-for-a-wound-that-wont-heal#post_3499232

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I'm using Firefox, Windows 7, Rich Text.  I upgrade my browser whenever I get notification that I should.  And usually when I do the "@username", it does turn blue, or at least it USED to.  Can't recall if it's done it lately or not.

Edit:  I just "tagged" Feralvr and it switched to blue, so I am hoping she gets it.  I guess time will tell.  This is the thread, if it helps anyone to see if there are any issues:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/272884/how-to-care-for-a-wound-that-wont-heal#post_3499232
So I pm'd Feralvr to see if she got the email from the "tagging", and she did NOT
.  Gosh, I bummed, because it used to work great for me. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Huddler was made aware of the problem a while back, and more or less fixed it. Unfortunately, it still doesn't wok for everybody using Rich Text (it won't work on either of the laptops we have at home, one with Windows Vista, the other Windows 7). If you switch to the BB Code editor and use the @ in the toolbar, it works.

When using Rich Text, you need to choose the name from the drop-down menu you get when you start typing the person's name. Simply typing @ plus the whole name doesn't work.