US Thanksgiving Day

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I went over to see my best friend's new grandson. She had the backyard all spaced out appropriately and we all wore masks and visited for a while outside....no food or drink and no baby holding except by his mom. Making dinner for DH and I and things have slowed down so much that I am actually making everything from scratch just to kill some time.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We haven't had dinner yet but we'll be eating in about an hour. It definitely feels different from the other Thanksgivings we've had in the past due to the pandemic restrictions. Of course, I can't wail until dessert, i.e. my favorite part of the meal. :biggrin:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a gapped day for me... I called a few people with T-day wishes... a quick visit to share some of my 2 lbs of cookies, with a friend... Then it was slow and easy; cooking my T-fday meal...

It came out so good... I was not stressed, no deadline... took my time.. I forgot how enjoyable cooking can be... I realized, I really do miss it... But it is so challenging to cook in the tiny apartment.. no counter space..the sink is really tiny... It is a 'was as you go" situation; and I have run out of places to place the drying items...

All things considered; It wa a really good day... I did enjoy today... I did load of forest about Geoffrey... he did not get in my way... sweet boy...

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We did the internet meeting. I got the Farmhouse Feast from Bob Evans for four with turkey. Since I only reheated I ate early in the afternoon. I took a long nap after we met on the internet and I just had a turkey sandwich. I still wasn't really hungry but a turkey sandwich in the evening on Thanksgiving is traditional for me anyway.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was just another day for me. I'm used to being alone for the hollidays. For dinner I was offered mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. The green casserole was loaded with ham or bacon so i just ate the little dab of mashed potatoes. I was also given a piece of pumpkin pie which I hate and did not eat.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though I had to eat alone in my apartment in independent living, we had a grand dinner! Shrimp cocktail, prime rib, turkey, sweet potatoes, carrots, mini tarts and a choice of wine or sparkling apple cider. After dinner I played computer games with a friend from out of state.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stayed home home and had T Bone steak baked potatoes and some baked spinach balls.

All my family is far away and I’ll schmooze with them later.

Gave the bone to Conan who loved it and gorged himself into a bit of a stupor.

It was a lovely day out here! Even the red leaf palms were happy!

image.jpg
E13AF853-F526-4B9C-BA7B-08A143D3408E.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made tacos. :lol:
Yum. What made you decide to have Tacos? 🌮

i just ate the little dab of mashed potatoes.
Were they instant? I absolutely love instant mashed potatoes. Everyone says they are junk/fake, but they look like potatoes to me. They taste like whipped fluffy angel clouds of goodness. ❤ 🥔

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to my sister's. She left the refrigerator door open overnight so she had to throw everything away. Then she went out and bought new stuff and cooked the meal again today. I would have gotten a pizza, I mean it was just she and I! But we had a chicken, cornbread dressing, squash casserole, green beans and homemade cranberry dressing. It was very nice. But coming home, the fog was so bad I ran off the road once! So going to Thanksgiving dinner was unsafe!

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We stayed home but our son and daughter in law came for the day.We had cheese and crackers and goodies late morning and ate our meal,which was wonderful,at 3.Had dessert around 5 after we got all the food divvied up and put away.Just had a great day and visit with the kids.