Urine smells in carpet?

fitzleigh1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi folks. Time to reach out and get a little piece of advice: What is your end all-be all solution to urine smells in carpet? I recently moved, which always makes my girl Ginger a little upset (to put it lightly), which has resulted in her peeing right next to the litter box, her clever little way of telling mom "I'm pissed at you right now". What works?!?!?!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi folks. Time to reach out and get a little piece of advice: What is your end all-be all solution to urine smells in carpet? I recently moved, which always makes my girl Ginger a little upset (to put it lightly), which has resulted in her peeing right next to the litter box, her clever little way of telling mom "I'm pissed at you right now". What works?!?!?!
Honestly, Nature's Miracle works beautifully when treated exactly as directions instruct you to.

Wet pee, soak up all wetness first, then as with dried pee, you will literally pour the product on the spot, saturating it.

Allow it a week or more to completely dry up on it's own.

The smell is completely gone, like it never had pee there at all.

snooshy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have the answer!!! lol

Cheep and simple hydrogen peroxide.

I use it almost daily. I have one cat that likes to pee on clothing left on the floors, towels left on the bathroom floor, sometimes just beside the littler box, sometimes on the bath mat or door mat and his latest was in the babys carseat :/

I use a 29% hydrogen peroxide solution that i dilute down to a safe concentration (at 29% the solution will cause your skin to sting and temporarily turn white with oxygen...do not ingest at this strength! ALWAYS DILUTE).

I put approx 2-3 tablespoons into one litre of water, in a spray bottle. I clean up the urine and then spray the spot and wipe clean.

I put the towels and clothing in the laundry and add 29% hydrogen peroxide to the bleach compartment on the washer and run a cycle. The clothing and towels are disinfected and the cat urine smell is gone forever! 

I use it on dark carpet and dark clothing and have yet to bleach any of it...although the possibility is always there. 

I also put it in the mop water to wash the floors. It is a safe healthy alternative for pets who walk around on the floors and have to put up with chemical smells. Hydrogen peroxide is oxygen and water. It kills bacteria....and cat urine smell.

If you go to the pharmacy and get the usual 3% bottle of hydrogen peroxide it might also be strong enough to work on the urine stains and smell. I just buy it at a stronger concentration because i use it everyday for many reasons so it is inexpensive this way.

I also buy food grade so it is pure and does not contain chemical preservatives...although that doesn't matter if you are only using it for urine stains.

Good luck!

:D