Urine in carpet...any suggestions?

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat seldom relieves herself on the carpet, she is usually very good about using the litter box. However, after she went to the Vet and was more stressed, she urinated right outside of her box on the carpet.

Nature's Miracle just doesn't work for me. Does anyone have any other suggestions, especially for cleaning out the odor? Thank you.

mcfluffy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use PetZyme and it really seems to work really well.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2754901

Just make sure you basically soak the carpet down to the floorboards, to get all the smell out. I also scrub with a brush at the surface.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Can I ask why you don't like Nature's Miracle? I've never used it, so I'm just curious. Thanks!

P.P.S. I forgot to add that I also used this product on our microfiber couch and it did a wonderful job there as well. And it didn't leave a stain.

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have had the best results with "Wee Cleaner" www.weecleaner.com

I tried "Urine Off and all the cleaners at PetSmart. They were ok, but not as good as Wee Cleaner in my opinion.

A black light really does help locate ALL the urine spots that may be overlooked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the ideas! I will try them out this week! For me personally, Nature's Miracle didn't seem to work well on carpet. It could just be my carpet, but it didn't remove the odor well.

It does work great for getting cat spray off the screen doors, here, though. (Occasionally a neighborhood cat will come by and leave their mark). I spray it on, then later hose it off..no scrubbing required.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best, and least expensive:

2 cups hydrogen peroxide
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 drops liquid dish soap

Combine and pour on the soiled area. Blot after 24 hours and allow to dry.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had good luck with Zero Odor (from Bed Bath & Beyond, or online). good luck!