Urinating And Pooping On Furniture... I Don’t Know What To Do :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucatgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night experience.... So, since Kiara is mostly on my mom's room we decided to close the bedroom's door and sleeping with my mom she would feel more comfortable, since is mostly her scent.... She peed on my mom's bed, she peed ON my mom!!!! I am looking for a crate now and I will be calling the vet on my lunch break. :confused2::confused2::confused2::bawling::bawling::bawling::stars::headshake::cloudy:
Yes, I am angry and frustrated, but no, I'm not giving up.

lucatgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We visited the vet yesterday and got some meds for anxiety. I was looking at the pills and was wondering how to give them to her without stressing her more. Then I remembered I had some pill pockets from my other cat (who didn’t like them, so they were almost new) and guess what? She loved it! No stress! We will see how it works. Thank you everyone for your advices, support, and great energy :catlove::happycat::lovecat::lovecat3::lovecat4:

lucatgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m so close to give this cat the boot! Still peeing on the bed, on the couch, everywhere I don’t have it plastic covered.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lucatgirl, You have much more patience than I do with putting up with this bad behavior. I feel your pain. I dealt with a similar situation about 10 yrs ago. The cat refused to use the litter box, especially for urinating. I was then working full time and wouldn't put up with this situation. So kitty became a permanent outdoor cat.

sunny578

Mom to an inappropriate urinator
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey Lucatgirl! Do you want to give me a rundown of your current situation? I have a cat who urinated etc outside the box for years, and I feel like a bit of an unfortunate expert on the topic. I have a new (human) baby, so my time is a bit limited, but I hope I can help!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you absolutely sure she doesn't still have, or got again, a Urinary Tract Infection? Maybe the antibiotic doesn't work on the type she has. It sure sounds like it. Or maybe she has stones or crystals.

lucatgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lucatgirl, You have much more patience than I do with putting up with this bad behavior. I feel your pain. I dealt with a similar situation about 10 yrs ago. The cat refused to use the litter box, especially for urinating. I was then working full time and wouldn't put up with this situation. So kitty became a permanent outdoor cat.
She looks like the white cat in my profile. That was our beloved Lucky, what a wonderful boy he was. It was very hard on my mom when he passed away (he was about 21 y/o), so Kiara's looking so much like Lucky is the reason she's still with us.

lucatgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Lucatgirl! Do you want to give me a rundown of your current situation? I have a cat who urinated etc outside the box for years, and I feel like a bit of an unfortunate expert on the topic. I have a new (human) baby, so my time is a bit limited, but I hope I can help!
As far as I know, she was rehomed about 3 times, my guess it's because of the urination out of box, even though every owner developed an "allergy". She spends her time with my mom in her bedroom. She waits for my mom to get out of bed and there she goes. If I have the couches uncovered (I put plastic on everything if I'm not using it) she goes there. So frustrating.

lucatgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you absolutely sure she doesn't still have, or got again, a Urinary Tract Infection? Maybe the antibiotic doesn't work on the type she has. It sure sounds like it. Or maybe she has stones or crystals.
Clean bill of health. I don't think there are psychological evaluations for cats.