Urinary Treats Reccomendation

OliviaC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Urinary Treat for my four year old male cat. He had a urinary blockage back when he was one. He has been on Hill’s Urinary Care C/D wet and dry food since. He thoroughly enjoys the Royal Canin Urinary treats, but unfortunately I just went to order some and found they have been discontinued. I would reach out to our vet, but she is out of town until the end of July. Does anyone happen to know any similar treats to this formula? He is a very picky cat, so I don’t want to upset his apple cart too much.

Thank you!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about a healthy treat such as freeze dried meat treats or even a small amount of plain cooked chicken? Or forgo treats all together and reward your cat with something else like catnip?

Urinary diets are often not needed despite what vets recommend / suggest / push to clients. It's fine to ignore the vet about food :) A polite but firm No is all you need to tell the vet. Take a read through this: Cat Urinary Tract Diseases: Cystitis, Urethral Obstruction, Urinary Tract Infection Dry food of any kind of the worse you can feed to a cat that is prone to urinary issues.