Urinary health advice PLEASE?

MyBabyJensenJared

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, i have 2 beautiful feline babies. Jensen & Smokey.... & Smokey recently did a stint at the emergency vet because of urinary problems & is now on a special (Rx) diet. so NOW, i have a question...

-- does anybody have any info or suggestions for any non prescription Urinary health foods ? (that stuff is $$$$!)

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Purina Pro plan has a non prescription urinary food that has worked for me.

There's lots that can be done outside of prescription diet. Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD) | International Cat Care

Also, if you don't already, I'd recommend switching away from a clay or pine litter to something like wheat, corn or paper. Clay and pine can both cause flare ups of urinary issues for some cats.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
So, i have 2 beautiful feline babies. Jensen & Smokey.... & Smokey recently did a stint at the emergency vet because of urinary problems & is now on a special (Rx) diet. so NOW, i have a question...

-- does anybody have any info or suggestions for any non prescription Urinary health foods ? (that stuff is $$$$!)
What was her urinary problem? Do you feed wet or dry?

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise

Jasper had two UTI's, vet said it was food related. We messed around trying to find good foods for him because it seemed like a lot of the dry foods we fed were the problem, the problem is though that he wouldn't tolerate just eating wet food and would become a nightmare wanting dry (sigh)
But the uti food is so expensive... yeah, I agree. So we finally settled on solid gold (the indoor formula) for their dry food (which they get at night and in the morning they eat weruva hydration pates or b.f.f hydration cans specifically. They also enjoy fancy feast and tiki cat pouches. So far we haven't had any issues with Jasper and his uti's in about a year and a half now and that's about how long they have been eating that food.
I can't do science diet... he and sammy gained way too much weight on it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MyBabyJensenJared

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What was her urinary problem? Do you feed wet or dry?
he couldn't urinate --& TBH, i never got a straight answer on whether he had an actual fully formed STONE or if he'd just had enough swelling from urethral irritation (from smaller particles/crystals) that he eventually was just too swollen to urinate.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
he couldn't urinate --& TBH, i never got a straight answer on whether he had an actual fully formed STONE or if he'd just had enough swelling from urethral irritation (from smaller particles/crystals) that he eventually was just too swollen to urinate.
When my cat had struitive crystals,she was on Prescription food. No longer an issue so she eats canned food ,churu tubes,scattered water bowls. Weruva mostly