URI/crystal issues

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok. So, wasn't sure which forum to use as outs both health and food. Move if you need.
Vet Rx food sucks! In the past 1/2yr or so, all 6 on 2 different types have had a lot of weight loss.
The most important I need help with now, is ANY help our info on a food that can help with urinary issues. I've one on it for UTI's, one for kidney stones, & another with crystals in the urinary tract. Each have been fabulous on the Royal Canin SO dry for years. But suddenly I've got weight loss, vomiting, and diarrhea. And I looked at the recent reviews at Chewy, it's all the same. Suddenly sick cats.
Does ANYone have suggestions that've helped cats with these problems? I read the formula helps due to making them drink a lot and them peeing a lot. Keeps their systems flushed. I need this same efeffect without hurting my babies. Anyone?
Thank you. My cat's food is close to running out so I need to come up with something soon.
But no raw diets. My cats have enough problems without feeding them uncooked food. Thank you

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't know about kidney issues but I have a cat with UTI issues. Have you tried RC Urinary SO wet, Hills and Purina also do a urinary food. I find Cornsilk and D-Mannose help my cat when he has a flare up. Cornsilk is a mild antiinflammatory and pain relief and D-Mannose is a diuretic.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For years I used RC SO and Hill's C/D dry interchangeably. So, you might consider the Hill's C/D. As mentioned above, Purina has a urinary care line - and so does Wysong. All of these also offer wet food, which really would be helpful if you could add some to their diet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't afford wet Rx food. The dry nearly breaks the bank as is. The food my urinary ones were on was Royal Canin SO.
They were all on that for years, but suddenly just like the Hill's WD, they changed the formula without telling their customers. I'm not the only. Check it out here: Urinary SO Dry Cat Food - Royal Canin
Why I am looking. Hill's kind of scares me too, as I had several on the WD formula that did the same. Drastic and sudden weight loss. Not sure what to do at this point.