Urgently need information/advice

Floopy2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My wife and I are about to lose our home due family issues. We have several rescued cats and dogs that have been with us many years, too many for us to be able to rent another place as people normally do. We don't want our companions to be taken from us. Does anyone know of an old house, trailer, mobile home, barn that we could rent that would allow us our pets? We don't care what it looks like, just as long as it has the basics to live: electricity, water. We have guaranteed income (we are both on social security). We would be willing to move just about anywhere. Any advice on other options would be appreciated as well. Thank you for reading this.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Where are you located now? This is an international site with members all over the world. It would help if we can at least keep suggestions in the same country.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Floopy2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We live near Akron, Ohio in the U.S.A. Thanks for heads-up!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You aren't really looking for a rescue, or for affordable housing ( I looked in the Akron area and most sound as if pets might not be allowed, or not the number that you have). Have you contacted any realtors only because they might know of places which are available? Post on Nextdoor nextdoorl.com , social media locally.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should call all the trailer parks you can find and offer to buy the trailer you live in over time. You would still have to pay rent for the lot it's sitting on when you finished paying for it. The owner of the lot might be more willing to let you have the number of animals you have, particularly if you were willing to show that you take them to the vet as needed and that everyone is fixed.

Buying the trailer isn't the best investment but it's a roof over your heads. Get paper work saying that you are doing it, in case you need to prove it later. You probably won't but get the paperwork just in case.

If you get a trailer you will need an air conditioner in the summer because it will be too hot for the animals without it.

Floopy2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both for the advice, we will be looking into what each of you had to say. Wish us luck!

Floopy2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We will be looking into some rescues, as a last resort, but the thought of giving up any of them is difficult to deal with.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife and I are about to lose our home due family issues. We have several rescued cats and dogs that have been with us many years, too many for us to be able to rent another place as people normally do. We don't want our companions to be taken from us. Does anyone know of an old house, trailer, mobile home, barn that we could rent that would allow us our pets? We don't care what it looks like, just as long as it has the basics to live: electricity, water. We have guaranteed income (we are both on social security). We would be willing to move just about anywhere. Any advice on other options would be appreciated as well. Thank you for reading this.
not sure how much this will help but you could try applying for section 8 housing might give you guys more options