Urgent! Very Ill Kitten

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, goat's milk is excellent. Just rub the coconut oil on with a cotton ball as often as necessary to keep her bottom comfortable.

It's very good that she passed stool, and is eating and drinking. Also sounds like the antibiotic is helping.

Keep up the nice job! I hope she turns the corner soon. Poor baby!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jojo’sMommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Jojo passed very large soft stool. Her fever is gone. But she is still fighting food and water. We’re still force feeding her through the syringe. She shed a lot of fur. She can’t meow properly. She is still weak, lethargic and looks very sick. She also sounds congested.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update! It is hard to know if she has some sort of worms or parasite that are specific to your area. I would definitely boil her water or better yet, give her bottled water because the chemicals in tap water can be irritating. Goat milk is great, especially raw!
This is an online article that has some basic info:
How to Know if Your Cat Has Constipation and How to Treat It

Jojo’sMommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
During the force feeding she spits out her food. Any reason why she is fighting food and water? Could there be something in her throat causing her pain?

Jojo’sMommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update! It is hard to know if she has some sort of worms or parasite that are specific to your area. I would definitely boil her water or better yet, give her bottled water because the chemicals in tap water can be irritating. Goat milk is great, especially raw!
This is an online article that has some basic info:
How to Know if Your Cat Has Constipation and How to Treat It
Unfortunately I couldn’t get the goat milk today, but fresh goat milk will be delievered to us tomorrow. We gave her some egg yoke today. As for her water I boil it. Everything we give her is clean and organic, very different from the street lifestyle she is accustomed to.

Will check out the article.

Jojo’sMommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is my little one in pain? She started making these noises in her sleep.

Jojo’sMommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She may be also having nausea. I would look up StefanZ's previous post about honey water/electrolyte replacement. I have to drive into town for catsitting but when I return, I will check for updates.
Yes I’m following StefanZ’s tip. I recorded 2 videos of Jojo making strange sounds in her sleep. I tried posting 1, not sure if it went through.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m waiting for fresh goat milk, please let me know if I should give her some.
By all means, yes. It is one of the things we recommend for bottle-rearing orphaned kittens. With the goat's milk, she will get her nutrients, even if she won't eat.

Is this normal for a sick kitten
It isn't uncommon.

Keeping a candle lit for this little one. You have a struggle ahead of you. Bless you for caring.
000000000000000.jpg

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adding my prayers to MamaNYT's candle. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Is there anyway that you can consult an online vet? Perhaps the other common antibiotics used for intestinal problems would be more effective. Perhaps metrodiazonole or sulfasalazine - met is also used in protozonal infections. It is so frustrating for you - I salute you for not giving up on her- for giving her loving care and comfort.

Jojo’sMommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: My baby Jojo is feeling so much better. Fever and constipation are gone. We’ve been giving her fresh goat milk. She is now moving around and jump. She still hasn’t gotten her voice back and refuses to drink voluntarily (we suspect sore throat) so it’s force feeding till she feels better.

After much research we think Jojo has the flu. Many of her symptoms seem to be in line with the cat flu. Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. I have hope we can rescue my precious little angel. Joj and I wish you all blessed and happy holiday.

Attachments

Jojo’sMommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, very good news! Any step forward for her, given the situation, is a triumph for you! She's a beautiful little thing, isn't she?
She is precious.

Update: Great news, my little princess is eating and drinking on her own. She got her appetite back and boy is she eating. She got her energy back as well, and now she constantly wants attention from us. Unfortunately she still hasn’t gotten her voice back, but she is definitely on her way to full recover.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and prayers. Jojo sends you all hugs and kisses.