Urgent need for funds for testing- Francis is my best friend

Jambee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Francis and Buster vet fund, organized by Jamie Frazee
Hello! I've been on this forum on and off for years and it has proven so comforting when I notice anything strange, like minor changes in my kitties aha but now I really really need help. I don't know what to do or where to go. My stress levels are so high and we really just need answers so I know how to proceed. Baby Frank is my best friend and he is only 3. He's had a URI in the past when I got him which this site helped with so much- I learned a lot of what I do now from here. That was about 3 years ago and lately I have been a constant browser- so much that I finally made an account. The fund is set to reach a goal that is potentially more than it will be but I've never had to pay for care like this before and him and his brother are definitely not doing well. Within the last month I have paid likely a grand in vet bills paired with supportive care costs and I do not make that much money. I live just about paycheck to paycheck. Please ask questions. Please give suggestions. I am at the point where I want to rip my hair out and I have to try to stay calm and take care of myself so I can take care of them and not stress them out any more than they already are. Thank you so much.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know if you are in the US but there are groups that help fund vet costs. Have you tried doing a google search for Veterinary Care for low income? Vet care Charity?Help with Vet costs? Phrases like that? The Veterinary Care Foundation helps to fund many vet services for just such emergencies. They may have a list online to get you started. There may be waiting lists but sign up everywhere you can! Make calls to places like Humane Societies and Animal shelters to start asking. Ask everywhere! Ask at local vets and rescue groups too. Networking can lead you to possible resources you haven’t thought of yet. Keep looking and never give up. As someone who is a rescuer and has fought to find help, my heart is with you and the kitties. Please keep us updated. Making a thread in the health forum about their health problems might bring you some helpful information from others who have dealt with similar cat Illnesses.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jambee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am absolutely going to call around and apply to charities and funds!! Thank you so much! I may end up posting to the health forum as well, I've been through a lot a lot of the threads and they've been so helpful. The kitties are stable so I figured it wouldn't work for charity funding buuut trying and networking will likely lead us somewhere. I'd never thought to call Humane societies! What would I ask them? About charities or low cost services? I'm not sure what all them and shelters could offer is why I ask but also why U
Thank you so much for the help, it really means a lot! Buster and Francis were both found kitties(Francis was born under my friend's porch actually!), and Tina and Blixa are from a stray kitty rescue, I appreciate the sentiment. 💖 I'll keep this thread updated as much as I can.