Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Urgent! Indiana Pregnant Cat In Garage

Discussion in 'Cats S.O.S' started by catsknowme, Mar 12, 2018.

1. catsknowme

catsknowme Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 2, 2005
    Eastern California,USA
    :cold::cold: This poor cat - her owner was arrested and now has been sentenced for a long stretch. Kind-hearted dog owners have allowed the pregnant cat to stay in their unheated garage. They don't want to risk their dogs mauling her so she cannot go into the house. The local no-kill shelter is full and the list of cats waiting to be surrendered is long. I am in California, reaching out to the online cat world for suggestions, answers, prayers, vibes, words of comfort - my understanding is that the poor kitty is near full-term. She is getting kitten food and canned but that is about it. The 2 private rescues that i contacted are overflowing as well...HELP!
    :frustrated: :headshake:

StefanZ purraised this.

2. shadowsrescue

shadowsrescue Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Apr 27, 2011
    Ohio
    This just breaks my heart. Fortunately she has a place. I only wish it was heated as it is still quite cold in this area right now.

3. catsknowme

Jan 2, 2005
    Eastern California,USA
    Yes, I am indeed grateful that she is at least safe for now but her future is uncertain at best. Once it warms up and the babies are born, there is no guarantee that they won't be thrown out into the streets. And surrendering them to the shelter at $40/cat or kitten, if and when there is room, will be cost prohibitive.
    This is an area with limitations on pets as well as licensing requirements for cats. Conversely, there are almost no prevention programs such as TNR - unless the R means removal. There are discount s/n programs but if a person is allowed only 3 cats.....

4. catsknowme

Jan 2, 2005
    Eastern California,USA
    received_352242671926775.png
    Her name is Miss Kitty - she is tame and friendly. And she needs our prayers, vibes and help although I am feeling flummoxed about how to help her. I see now how people can become desperate and offer cats& kittens for free on Craigslist :sigh:

5. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    PM me with her location. I'm on a couple of FB groups that do rescues and transports. I'll post her there.

Wenda purraised this.

6. surya

surya TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 23, 2010
    Houston
    Maybe try googling Indiana cat rescue for facebook groups close to where the cat is. I joined some in Houston and I was able to find a person to rescue a cat that had gotten runover. At least the kitty is inside. I'm sending good vibes.

Wenda and catsknowme purraised this.

7. catsknowme

Jan 2, 2005
    Eastern California,USA
    UPDATE! Miss Kitty has delivered 5 babies this morning and all appear to be doing well. AND a lady from Kokomo has taken the new little family into her home. :heartshape:
    Behold one of the prettiest litters that I have ever seen:
    Screenshot_20180321-201313.png

surya, Mamanyt1953 and abyeb purraised this.

8. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    What wonderful news! :clap2:

catsknowme, Mamanyt1953 and kskatt purraised this.

9. shadowsrescue

shadowsrescue Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Apr 27, 2011
    Ohio
    Thank you so much for the update. I am so happy that Miss Kitty has a place to be as well! Fantastic news!!

abyeb and Mamanyt1953 purraised this.

10. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    It is so sweet to know that Miss Kitty and her babies are now safe and secure, and will live well-loved!

surya and abyeb purraised this.