Urgent! Indiana Pregnant Cat In Garage

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:cold::cold: This poor cat - her owner was arrested and now has been sentenced for a long stretch. Kind-hearted dog owners have allowed the pregnant cat to stay in their unheated garage. They don't want to risk their dogs mauling her so she cannot go into the house. The local no-kill shelter is full and the list of cats waiting to be surrendered is long. I am in California, reaching out to the online cat world for suggestions, answers, prayers, vibes, words of comfort - my understanding is that the poor kitty is near full-term. She is getting kitten food and canned but that is about it. The 2 private rescues that i contacted are overflowing as well...HELP!
:frustrated: :headshake:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This just breaks my heart. Fortunately she has a place. I only wish it was heated as it is still quite cold in this area right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This just breaks my heart. Fortunately she has a place. I only wish it was heated as it is still quite cold in this area right now.
Yes, I am indeed grateful that she is at least safe for now but her future is uncertain at best. Once it warms up and the babies are born, there is no guarantee that they won't be thrown out into the streets. And surrendering them to the shelter at $40/cat or kitten, if and when there is room, will be cost prohibitive.
This is an area with limitations on pets as well as licensing requirements for cats. Conversely, there are almost no prevention programs such as TNR - unless the R means removal. There are discount s/n programs but if a person is allowed only 3 cats.....

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
received_352242671926775.png
Her name is Miss Kitty - she is tame and friendly. And she needs our prayers, vibes and help although I am feeling flummoxed about how to help her. I see now how people can become desperate and offer cats& kittens for free on Craigslist :sigh:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
PM me with her location. I'm on a couple of FB groups that do rescues and transports. I'll post her there.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe try googling Indiana cat rescue for facebook groups close to where the cat is. I joined some in Houston and I was able to find a person to rescue a cat that had gotten runover. At least the kitty is inside. I'm sending good vibes.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE! Miss Kitty has delivered 5 babies this morning and all appear to be doing well. AND a lady from Kokomo has taken the new little family into her home. :heartshape:
Behold one of the prettiest litters that I have ever seen:
Screenshot_20180321-201313.png