URGENT Health issue

KelseyKatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my sister-in-laws kitten. She got him when he was around 4-5 weeks old. He had scabs on his nose and feet/paws and now the scab on his nose is gone but this red raw looking thing remains and won't go away in fact it appears larger. I'm so worried about this kitten because he has herpes from her other cat, worms and parasites. His stomach is hard, bloated and distended. She refuses to take him to the vet for treatment. I told her I will pay for him but she still will not take him.

Since she got him off Craigslist so young from mom I told her he'll need help using the restroom and will need a cardboard tray that holds the canned cat food at the store and put kitten attract litter in it but she never did. She only has one cat box and it's the kind that is very tall and only has one hole at the top. She said she's sick of him peeing and pooping everywhere so she wants to give him away which I'm soooo glad because he needs immediate care and antibiotics.

Could this thing on his nose be mange?

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
If his stomach is hard and bloated he needs to be seen by a vet. Possibly worms. Can you take him in? Sorry,but it seems like she does not care for him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KelseyKatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If his stomach is hard and bloated he needs to be seen by a vet. Possibly worms. Can you take him in? Sorry,but it seems like she does not care for him.
I don't live by her but I called a vet near her and they want to see him by Monday. I'm going to try to get her to take him. I'm very worried about his nose. I'm concerned it may be something serious like scabies.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's really impossible for us to diagnose what's wrong with his nose. Hopefully you can convince her to take him in. How generous of you to offer to pay for ;that visit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KelseyKatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So she decided to give him to her neighbor for her toddler. Poor kitten. 😔