URGENT!!! EMACIATED STRAY...HOW DO I FEED HER???

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Minish was just like this when I found her. You could count the ribs and she had no hair on her ears. She drank half a glass of water (almost half her weight) when we found her. That's how she became our cat, we just couldn't give her away. Kitties bounce very fast, unless they have an underlying health issue. She was free fed, she got revenge from the starvation, walked like a balloon :). Never had digestion issues. In 3 weeks, she looked and acted as a normal kitten. now she's a 6 year old oversized overintelligent marshmallow, Joy to our lives.

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi B Bloodmilk Thank you so much for helping her. I'm really glad she found you.

I think that, as she is an adult cat and appears fairly healthy apart from the low weight, you can feed her more at one sitting. Do you know how to check for dehydration? Gently pinch a fold of skin at her scruff. The skin should go back down as soon as you release it. If it stays tented up she's dehydrated.

You can leave the water bowl in the room for her to drink whenever she wants to. Feed her wet food that is high in fats and protein, rather than dry.

Give her about 5 calories worth of food at one time. 3 hours between feeding is about right for the first few days.

Please keep us updated and let us know how it goes at the vet.

:heartshape:
You are a Saint