Urgent blocked male cat dilemma, please help

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This does sound like an improvement from what you have been facing. There are some wins definitely, but going to the litter box frequently might still indicate a problem. Peeing on the floor could as well unless in his ordeal he has become used to seeing that as an acceptable spot which is why he returns there. I wonder if someone near you like a vet or holistic practitioner could help you source and determine amounts for the ingredients in Urinary Gold.
YESYESYES! !

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I appreciate the resources nonetheless, thank you so much! I think I've panic-read just about every study and journal and tidbitty info site on FIC on the first 10 pages of Google results, hahaha... he was on 1 anti-inflammatory (meloxicam, or metacam, around which there is some controversy on kidney function), 1 pain medication (buprenorphine), 3 muscle-relaxants (prazosin, diazepam or valium, gabapentin), and 1 calming (zylkene). I've spammed all of this for a month now and none of them has seemed to have any effect on him. He did show some improvement last night though – this morning I found an egg-sized clump in the litter, amongst lots of other smaller ones. It was huge for his standards, the biggest ever since this ordeal! He's also not grooming the area so often anymore, and his bladder is fine and not enlarged. But he's still going to the litter pretty often, and once or twice peeing in inappropriate places, like the floor. I mean I'm glad he can pee, but that definitely is an indicator of something wrong, right?

He's been on the Feliway Cystease capsules for 4 days now, and we've stopped all his meds. Cut fish from his diet, adding lots and lots of water, and constantly researching new litter options beyond the current Cat's Best wood litter, now knowing that the soil and grass downstairs seems to encourage peeing somewhat. Sadly the Urinary Gold costs $120 USD including shipping to Asia (where I live), and will take 3 weeks, so I haven't leapt on that yet. But I'll definitely keep it in mind. I do have some dried marshmallow root and cat grass coming and well, we live to fight another day.
I’m gathering that is for the large bottle which is $57 and shipping is actually $60???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fizzle52

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m gathering that is for the large bottle which is $57 and shipping is actually $60???
I live in Singapore – It just says total $120 and free shipping with Prime on the product page on Amazon once I input my shipping address... but yeah, if I were to send it to a US address and then independently ship from there to Asia, it would amount to about $80 but take 3-4 weeks. I may just buy some Cornsilk and D-Mannose from iHerb to get me through as they ship pretty fast!

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live in Singapore – It just says total $120 and free shipping with Prime on the product page on Amazon once I input my shipping address... but yeah, if I were to send it to a US address and then independently ship from there to Asia, it would amount to about $80 but take 3-4 weeks. I may just buy some Cornsilk and D-Mannose from iHerb to get me through as they ship pretty fast!
That may be a good option there. But I will consider adding Marshmallow to your regimen because it’s soothing. So I’m gathering Amazon Singapore doesn’t have it in stock and they probably are getting it shipped directly from Pet Wellbeing website? That’s not helpful.