Urgent advice needed. Cat temperature high.

Rdjhere

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Leia, 6 months old, male, has been having mild temperature for three days now, I took him to the vet on the first day, and he stated the fever was due to unknown origins, and my cat was given a antibiotic and a liver stimulant, and while holding him down for the injection, he puked what he ate in the morning, and it’s day three now and his temperature has increased very slightly. But Leia is happy as always, active, drinks water normally, and slight changes in appetite, but eats his count for the day, his heart rate after activity was at 160. I have no idea what should I do. I called the vet again, and he was like his temperature is adjusting due to climatic changes, it’s actually changing from summer to monsoon here but not so much. I keep him under a fan and he uses my bed and has ample water and feed at his disposal. Please advice me how to take care of him.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Leia, 6 months old, male, has been having mild temperature for three days now, I took him to the vet on the first day, and he stated the fever was due to unknown origins, and my cat was given a antibiotic and a liver stimulant, and while holding him down for the injection, he puked what he ate in the morning, and it’s day three now and his temperature has increased very slightly. But Leia is happy as always, active, drinks water normally, and slight changes in appetite, but eats his count for the day, his heart rate after activity was at 160. I have no idea what should I do. I called the vet again, and he was like his temperature is adjusting due to climatic changes, it’s actually changing from summer to monsoon here but not so much. I keep him under a fan and he uses my bed and has ample water and feed at his disposal. Please advice me how to take care of him.

It sounds like you are taking care of him. I am curious as to why he was given a "liver stimulant"?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rdjhere

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like you are taking care of him. I am curious as to why he was given a "liver stimulant"?
I’m not very sure, the doctor the said it for strengthening the liver, so that he could eat food properly and stay energized or he may not eat and he’ll become weak...

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is he doing other than the mild temperature increase? Is it an actual fever or just up from what is normal for him? Do you take his temperature regularly for some reason or was it done at a vet's? What was the temperature? Per the VCA 100.5°F and 102.5°F (38.1°C to 39.2°C) is the normal range for cats.

And from what I looked up, a heart rate of 160 is actually pretty normal for a cat. Their hearts beat a whole lot faster than ours do.

You did mention his appetite being slightly off, and that can be a side effect of antibiotics, but it's usually not severe.