Urban King Cat Food

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like an inferior version of EZComplete/Altrunin/TC Feline/etc. For all the hype of it being a base for a biologically appropriate meat diet, pretty much everything in the completer is derived from vegetables. Cats are obligate carnivores that can’t effectively absorb nutrients from plant-based sources. Looks like yet another company treating cats like small dogs. The amount of fruits and sugary vegetables in the composition is hardly ideal for their health, either.

I highly doubt it would make plain meat nutritionally complete for cats, given the lack of pretty much everything that would entail.

Nice attempt at advertising, by the way lmao

ETA: screenshots from the urban wolf website. Only thing this does right is a source of calcium, though doesn’t list where it’s derived from.
Both pecans and almonds are toxic to cats — can cause vomiting and diarrhea, and trigger pancreatitis in high enough amounts. Sweet potato isn’t toxic, but is also prone to triggering diarrhea in high enough amounts — concerning, given it’s the first ingredient.
Not as concerning as the lack of pretty much everything that a cat would need for a complete diet in a bioavailable way for them, though.

5CBC9F8A-0800-4753-8461-24BAB9027F85.jpeg
F1022D3F-0C5E-4870-8FB9-846A8A79F938.jpeg

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Not as concerning as the lack of pretty much everything that a cat would need for a complete diet in a bioavailable way for them, though.
I agree. Scary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lazy Orange House Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I remember it from years ago, but its difficult to find information or reviews on it. I'll look into the others you mentioned. I have a very sick cat who has a very poor appetite. I thought maybe some home cooking might entice her, as she will generally eat my cooking (and I'm vegan). The search continues. I really appreciate your response. Thank you!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
EZ Complete and Alnutrin will send free samples, and perhaps TC Feline, although I didn’t try that one. Mine liked EZ Complete and Alnutrin. Making cat food is very time consuming and has to be done exactly right, though. There are many strategies for getting sick kitties to eat that don’t involve making their food! Check out some of the articles in the Cat Food and Feeding section of the site (Cat Food & Feeding – TheCatSite Articles) or start your own thread to ask questions of other members In either the general Cat Nutrition or Cat Health forums.

Lazy Orange House Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't mind making it. I've ordered some EZ Complete and it looks straightforward enough. I've been mostly syringe-feeding her for two weeks now. She hasn't eaten dry food in years and won't now. I've tried every can of food I can lay hands on, with varying degrees of success. Sometimes putting a bit of the gravy on her nose gets her started, other times it just disgusts her and she walks away. She's up and down in every way and the veterinarian is not optimistic for her recovery, frankly. I've got her on Adored Beast Feline Gut Soothe, which does seem to help.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats really love Alnutrin, though you'd need to add liver so wouldn't be as easy as EZ Complete.

When we had a very sick cat, it was raw food (Rad Cat, no longer available) that got her eating best, though there were also certain Weruva foods (like Steak Frites, of all things) that she ate relatively well. It sounds like you're having a very similar experience with your cat. I'm very sorry you're going through this; it's very, very difficult. What is your cat's name?

Have you tried putting Pure Bites (which are just raw chicken breast) on your cat's food, L Lazy Orange House Cat ? That entices lots of cats to eat things they might not touch otherwise.

Lazy Orange House Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm in Ontario, Canada, and my cat is Ramona Riddley. She won't eat Pure Bites. The best "Ramona bait" is tinned ham, but even that is a no-go. When I rescued her, she'd been fed Cat Chow and Health Diet for three years, and she's always been a terrible eater. She usually has an extreme weakness for potato chips, and I opened a bag of plain Lay's to see if I could pique her interest, but not even an ear bat in my direction. (No, I do not feed her or myself potato chips often). I just ordered chaga mushrooms and phytoplankton to supplement her diet and hopefully boost her immune system a bit. We have an appointment for the first of October for a weigh-in and to recheck the bloodwork. Currently, I'm syringe-feeding her Performatrin Kitten, which is 220 kilocalories a can, one can a day, supplemented once with KMR powder, once with Feline Gut Soothe. She is not vomiting and does not have diarrhea. If she is still losing weight after this, it isn't good.
I'm sorry. I'm all over the map right now. She's seventeen years young and ornery as all heck but we love her.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Ontario, Canada, and my cat is Ramona Riddley. She won't eat Pure Bites. The best "Ramona bait" is tinned ham, but even that is a no-go. When I rescued her, she'd been fed Cat Chow and Health Diet for three years, and she's always been a terrible eater. She usually has an extreme weakness for potato chips, and I opened a bag of plain Lay's to see if I could pique her interest, but not even an ear bat in my direction. (No, I do not feed her or myself potato chips often). I just ordered chaga mushrooms and phytoplankton to supplement her diet and hopefully boost her immune system a bit. We have an appointment for the first of October for a weigh-in and to recheck the bloodwork. Currently, I'm syringe-feeding her Performatrin Kitten, which is 220 kilocalories a can, one can a day, supplemented once with KMR powder, once with Feline Gut Soothe. She is not vomiting and does not have diarrhea. If she is still losing weight after this, it isn't good.
I'm sorry. I'm all over the map right now. She's seventeen years young and ornery as all heck but we love her.
I'm sorry to hear that even the potato chips and tinned ham aren't working to get Ramona Riddley to eat on her own. I hope that the syringe feeding continues to help and that she doesn't lose weight.

Please don't apologize for anything. Everything you write reminds me of what we went through with our cat I mentioned before: she was also about 17-18 and she had kidney disease as well as IBD (that almost certainly developed into lymphoma) and some minor ailments. And she was also ornery! But one of the sweetest cats ever.
❤

Lazy Orange House Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She ate by herself half the time today, after needing fluids this morning, and she's definitely brighter. She gets pain-killers tomorrow. We're waiting on food and supplements to arrive.
Thanks for all the help everyone!