Upper Respiratory Infections

mrotman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 19 year old kitty was out of sorts this past Monday and didn't eat/drink much. That was concerning b/c he LOVES his food! I called the vet. She thought it was upper respiratory and prescribed Clavamox. He ate a tiny bit of tuna juice/tuna that night. The next day, he seemed back to his normal self and eating/drinking fine. His eye is a teeny tiny bit more teary than usual (he's a white cat, so always tears), no coughing, sneezing, etc. I have seen some brown cat "boogies" in his nose the past week or so. My question is: should I give him the med. (of course, all meds have potential side effects), or should I just continue to keep an eye on him since he seems back to his old self?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Did the vet examine him or prescribe Clavamox without seeing him? Did you start the medicine? I would recommend calling your vet, give her an update and discuss this health issue with her. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrotman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did the vet examine him or prescribe Clavamox without seeing him? Did you start the medicine? I would recommend calling your vet, give her an update and discuss this health issue with her. Good luck!
The vet was going to come by, but the next day, he rebounded and has been fine! She did prescribe Clavamox however, and I do have it in the house should I need it. Thank you!