Updating the process of Introducing 4 months boy to 3 yr old girl

lunasu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We got an ALL-CLEAR from the vet and I finally settled at home.

My boy Ramesses II has been kept in the bathroom for 1 month so far. Today is the first day he officially get out of the bathroom and meet with Fugui.

Fugui hissed, growled, and shivered today. And basically refused Ramesses to approach her. She could still lie down pretty comfortable though.

Ramesses doesn't show any sign of aggression, but he just want to play with Fugui so eagerly and big sister apparently is not ready yet.

On the picture Fugui doesn't seem happy lol

I'll keep updating and see how long it takes them to be friends.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Day 2 update:

Ramesses is still doing wonderful.

Fugui stopped shivering, and started drinking. Still not eating much though.

There are less hissing and growling, and Fugui sniffed Ramesses for only once when he is asleep. She then hissed when he woke up suddenly. Ramesses is not showing any aggression at all, he will only raise his hands when Fugui attempted to smash his face lol.

I plugged 2 doses of Feliway to ease the process. Truly hope that Fugui starts eating soon!

Attachments

lunasu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are some tips in that thread such as using a flat paper plate that may help her to start eating again. Best of luck!🤞

lunasu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are some tips in that thread such as using a flat paper plate that may help her to start eating again. Best of luck!🤞
Thank you! I will definitely try a flat plate to see if it works. Not sure if I have a paper one though.

lunasu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Day 3:
Fugui defecated this morning after attempting digging in both litter boxes a few times, since Ramesses will observe next to the box and it could be a little stressful for her. But she managed to do so when her brother is eating lol.

Fugui also starts eating like normal, she also eats plenty of dry food in Ramesses's bowl, which is not proper.... BUT, as long as she is eating there's no big deal.

Still hissing and growling on Fugui's side, but Ramesses managed to touch sis's paw using his own paw when she is relaxed, nice job little guy!

I have more confidence that they will get along than 3 days ago.

Attachments

lunasu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:woo::purr: this is terrific, as is that she's eating 👍
Yay!! He is still partially on dry kibbles with grain though, since I am still transit him from breeder food to freeze dried. I kinda don't want Fugui to eat the dry kibble with grain but I guess it's just for a couple of days since the process will be done soon!

lunasu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Day 4:
Fugui's appetite and water intake is completely back to normal. Much less hissing and growling today, but there are some attacking and chasing from Fugui, of course lol.

Ramesses has some yellow-green eye discharge for once, and this afternoon it seems to resolve on its own. I think the hierarchy started to form because Ramesses will always eat after Fugui, and Fugui will always eat from his bowl.

Today they haven't sleep together on the bed though. But Fugui seems confident and happy with her tail point to the sky.

Attachments

lunasu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Day5:

Just 1 or 2 hissing and growling today! I woke up finding surrounded by two lying fur balls on my bed. Ramesses's discharge cleared.

They are so very nice to each other now. It is really impressive how fast they become familiar.

Pics are very cute for today:hyper:

Attachments