Updates from Kiev

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
;) I was going to post a fairly snarky comment or to about His Imperial Presidentness but I thought the moderators would get ticked with me so if I just say Short man syndrome and young mistress maybe you can guess what I was going to type?

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I saw this and I was wondering about you. After the U.S. Secretary of State and Defense Secretary visited, he stepped up bombing train stations. He is as subtle as a bull in a china shop.

a bull has feelings.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Paul it is so good to hear from you. I have been so concerned about you, your family and all the animals of course, as well as everyone there. I truly wish there was an end to this violence.

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks very much, we are still getting air raid alerts but I haven't heard of any actual attacks on Kyiv recently. We have spoken to some displaced people from Kharkiv who have suffered far more than we have. Kharkiv never came under Russian occupation although it was attacked heavily to save the russian speaking population from ukrainian aggression ..... I am not sure that sounds right ... anyway Stas is leaving his wife, daughter and mother in law in Kyiv to return to Kharkiv tomorrow to resume work, this is even though it's still under occasional artillery fire - he's a brave guy and he has 3 very nice dogs with him as well

thank you everyone for all your support

Paul

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks very much, we are still getting air raid alerts but I haven't heard of any actual attacks on Kyiv recently. We have spoken to some displaced people from Kharkiv who have suffered far more than we have. Kharkiv never came under Russian occupation although it was attacked heavily to save the russian speaking population from ukrainian aggression ..... I am not sure that sounds right ... anyway Stas is leaving his wife, daughter and mother in law in Kyiv to return to Kharkiv tomorrow to resume work, this is even though it's still under occasional artillery fire - he's a brave guy and he has 3 very nice dogs with him as well

thank you everyone for all your support

Paul
Glad to hear you've not got any attacks in Kyiv lately. I hope Stas and his dogs stay safe - glad to hear from you.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How are you and the family doing Paul, haven't had any updates for a few weeks, hope this means all is well.

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Verna and everyone else

Kyiv has been quiet albeit with regular air raid warnings and a curfew. I haven't heard any explosions or artillery since the Orcs were pushed back from Bucha and Irpin. We are still being warned about Russian sabotage groups in the Kyiv region but I haven't seen any evidence of this. The war is still however raging and the Russians show no signs of stopping. They are eating us up one metre at a time in the east and we still desperately need the support of the West as it is still possible for Putin to take Donbass and then maybe the rest of the country in a year or two.

We are still seeing some shortages of products that come from Eastern and Southern regions such as Kharkiv and Kherson and petrol is in very short supply, some gas stations will only sell to people with a special paper which we don't have and can't justify getting while others will only sell 20 litres at a time - last time I sat in a queue for about 2 hours to get 20l but we are OK at the moment

I am making a point of saying hello and thanks to the troops who are see around town - so many of them look so flipping young that it is scary I hope and pray that they will be safe and Alina is giving her disability pension to one of her friends each month to help her rebuild her home which was completely destroyed.

In general I think that moral in Ukraine is pretty good but we are afraid not so much of the Russians but more that the western help we are getting will dry up. Germany still hasn't handed over any of the Leopard tanks that were promised, Turkey is threatening to block Swedish and Finnish NATO membership and Trump is saying that money should be spent in America on school safety before aid is sent to Ukraine so in short we are becoming old news and politics is breaking out which is bad news for us

Paul

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Paul, we have not forgotten about you as well as all the other admirable adults, children and pets in the Ukraine. I sincerely hope the western help does not dry up as you mentioned. More prayers and special thoughts being sent your way. 🙏:vibes::vibes::vibes:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trump is saying that money should be spent in America on school safety before aid is sent to Ukraine
Trump is the former president, and I guarantee Biden isn't saying any such thing!

I won't go into detail about the politics here - that's more appropriate for the IMO forum - but Trump's comments are based on making schools safe by throwing money at them and that's not likely to get much traction among the Democrats in congress. However, since the school massacre in Uvalde the news shows in America have been concentrating more on national news than on international news, which could become a problem for Ukraine.

Margret

Last edited:

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Margret, we are all well, we get air raid sirens on a daily basis but there have been no recent missiles in Kyiv. We are currently doing a major remodel on one apartment and that is sucking up time plus my laptop has been in for a new screen and battery but I am back on line now

Thanks for asking

Paul and Alina