Updates from Kiev

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi Paul,
I am so very sorry for everything that is happening to everyone and all the animals where you are. Words just can’t do justice. Please know you are all in my thoughts constantly. Thank you so much for your posts. You are a shining light in the middle of so much darkness.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw one story where a couple carried their German Shepherd a good part of the way the last 7 miles to the Polish border. They couldn't take their dog on the bus, he was 12 years old and it was very cold. The dog could only walk short distances. The lady said that their dog was part of the family and they couldn't leave him.
This is so sad, and I just have to reply to this post. On TV I've seen so many people who have lost everything and experienced so much death clinging to their pets. It's such a shame the poor dog wasn't allowed on that bus, especially under the circumstances. And I have to wonder what happened to the people.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am on my phone at the moment and I am not sure what my last post said so here goes. Marta is back at work at the parking lot and will get her vaccinations on Monday. We collected a load of clothes and household stuff plates etc for Elena near Bucha and when we got there Lena introduced us to a new arrival. He is a young intact chap who ijust turned up a couple of days ago , he is running a temperature and has gloomy eyes so since there are no vets near Lena we brought him back to Kiev for treatment and we can then hand him on for rehoming.
20220416_175313.jpg

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi verna, sadly we cannot takon a4th cat permanently since Belle is still trying to lliberate I mean chase Cora every time she catches sight of her and that is after 8 months! So we will be acting as Foster parents, getting him healthy, neutered vaccinated etc and then turning him over to the rescue group to re home. I can see its going to be heartbreaking but I don't see what else we can do - and of course on tomorrow's agenda is also checking for a chip just in case

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for checking in, Paul, and especially glad to get an update on Marta. :thumbsup: Your new rescue is a stunning boy. I completely understand not being able to take in a 4th cat but I'm sure he will find his forever home once he sees the vet in Kiev. We sincerely appreciate all your posts and this lovely picture of your new rescue with you. Stay safe and be well.🤗

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just found your thread. My heart goes out to you, family, friends and all creatures great and small. War is cruel but when people like you step up to save lives, it rekindles our faith in humanity. Thank you for all you are doing and have done for the animals around you. I hope for all of this to end and that peace may be found quickly.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You should have known when "she who must be obeyed" insisted on giving him a name that started with "D" that he was now part of your family. Good luck with the cat introductions. You all continue to be in my thoughts. :redheartpump:

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well just in case we had forgotten about the War, Czar Putin the obnoxious sent us a reminder yesterday. The rockets sent by the Russians while the UN secretary General was visiting Kyiv hit a residential building a shot distance away from us - no more than 3 or 4 Km or maybe 2-3 miles in old money. The explosions were loud but didn't rattle windows. It's clear to me that there is no pretence of aiming these strikes at military targets, he is just firing at random into a city of about 2 million people. Padlo Vanuchi! This is a high tech equivalent of a drive by shooting, and the cheeky short a##ed bugger is complaining that our friends want to help us against the areas loudest bully.

Still smiling, still purring
Paul and Alina

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw this and I was wondering about you. After the U.S. Secretary of State and Defense Secretary visited, he stepped up bombing train stations. He is as subtle as a bull in a china shop.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I thought of that when I heard about the rockets and hoped you and Alina and the animals were all safe.