Updates from Kiev

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The anti aircraft systems seem to be doing a good job. The news I am hearing is saying that in one attack 28 Drones were sent with 5 surviving to hit, no comfort for the casualties or their families but objectively good news. Nothing has come close to us yet so your prayers are clearly working. Love Paul and Alina plus the kitties

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Away from the frontline the situation is much improved compared to spring and early summer. I am confident that I could jump into our car and run for Poland without major dramas but what then?. Alina is NOT ready to leave Kyiv and I don't want to leave without here, we have the kitties who do not have international passport. No microchips etc. Our home is here and our friends also plus living on 700 gbp per month anywhere other than Ukraine would be a major factor so thanks for asking but here we stay

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Away from the frontline the situation is much improved compared to spring and early summer. I am confident that I could jump into our car and run for Poland without major dramas but what then?. Alina is NOT ready to leave Kyiv and I don't want to leave without here, we have the kitties who do not have international passport. No microchips etc. Our home is here and our friends also plus living on 700 gbp per month anywhere other than Ukraine would be a major factor so thanks for asking but here we stay
Understand. Sending every best wish to you.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The anti aircraft systems seem to be doing a good job. The news I am hearing is saying that in one attack 28 Drones were sent with 5 surviving to hit, no comfort for the casualties or their families but objectively good news. Nothing has come close to us yet so your prayers are clearly working. Love Paul and Alina plus the kitties
I keep reminding myself that there are something like 100,000 buildings in Kyiv. It helps me keep the faith though I wish no one would be hurt.

I am very worried about the heating and electrical situation as well.

Always prayers for you, Alina the kitties and all the other people and pets.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Kiev is having many hours of no electricity. They are having "scheduled" outages; along with many many air raids. The outages are at least 4 hours long, if not longer.
At least this is what I am understanding...

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All of your love and good wishes are clearly working. We are still getting air raid warnings every few days and blackouts 2-3 times a day but water and heat are on so nothing really to worry about in Kyiv. There were some scary moments when Poland got hit but that seems to have been one of our s300 AD missiles either falling after detonating or just faling and it is terrible for the poor Polish Farmers who were killed but at least its not WW3 - I read that Russian missiles hit a heating plant a few KM on our side of the border so I assume thats why the missiles were fired.

Thanks for all your love - stay warm in the nasty weather and remember trafffic is probably more dangerous to you than bombs are to me

Love

Paul Alina and the kitties

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad that you still have heat, water and aren't completely without electricity. Things got concerning here when Poland was hit. It is sad that Polish people were killed but it certainly could have been far worse.