Updates from Kiev

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Dobry Den Everybody - as PM Boris Johnson said :) Well I can't say that life is getting exciting but it certainly has moments. Alina and I live on the 7th floor of a 12 floor apartment block and with the erratic timing of the power cuts we are avoiding the lifts which is not really doing much good to my knees but Pukin's latest attack was audible in our apartment but not window rattling, the electricity in our area stayed on which was a surprise but water pressure dropped right off for nearly 24 hours and the district heating stayed off until only a few hours ago so it got pretty cold. Having the electricity off for 6 hours at a time is a pain in the butt but not terrible, there is a fairly reliable schedule and we arrange our cooking and meals around that but losing water is much more awkward still not really a problem compared to Bahkmut and Kherson.

Thanks for thinking about us we are ok and expect to remain that way to the New Year, looking forward from that we are getting infromation from the General Staff to expect a new Russian offensive in the early part of the new year - that might be January - the ground will be frozen but very cold conditions or maybe March/April, we can't really expect Pukin to repeat his screw up of attacking during the thaw (late Feb) although it would be nice. The numbers being touted are 200k troops - not sure how their logistics will cope this time or what modern weapons will be available as we have been giving their army a pretty good kicking so far.

If we get anything new I'll come back and give you all an update

Love
Paul Alina and the kitties
Hoping the best still for you all. You are in my thoughts constantly. May this end.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Paul9856 Paul9856 was last seen on TCS on June 2, over six months ago. The latest news out of Kiev is that due to a cyber attack the internet is down for most people in Kiev, resulting in further loss of life because the phone app that warns about attacks requires internet access.

Has anyone heard anything about Paul and his family since June? I'm worried.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Paul, for whatever it’s worth, I just made one last donation in honor of you —-hope it gets there & it helps. Can’t wait to eat borscht, Zywiec beer and pierogis with you one day in your country, after you have won this war. There’ll be a lot of cleaning up to do & I will come help. 🇺🇦