Update On My Search For A New Cat

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have talked to several breeders and found only 1 kitten worth consideration so far. He is too young to make a final decision yet. I did however contact the leading silver and golden breeder in the US and she will have something available in a few months. I may wait. This is not doing Camie any good though. She will probably go in to be spayed after all. By the time the boy gets old enough to breed she will definitely be to old to breed. In my experience, Persian males take 2 to 3 years to figure out what they are supposed to do. So I suppose i will be starting all over again.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have talked to several breeders and found only 1 kitten worth consideration so far. He is too young to make a final decision yet. I did however contact the leading silver and golden breeder in the US and she will have something available in a few months. I may wait. This is not doing Camie any good though. She will probably go in to be spayed after all. By the time the boy gets old enough to breed she will definitely be to old to breed. In my experience, Persian males take 2 to 3 years to figure out what they are supposed to do. So I suppose i will be starting all over again.
:(

posiepurrs posiepurrs - Whether with Camie or with another kitty, I, personally, hope that your Husband's suggestion that you continue breeding spurs you forward. Your enormous success with Jack and Camie has improved Shaded Silvers and Goldens greatly - so much so that breeders and judges, just five years after Jack's big season - have begun to concentrate on eye colour and clarity - and area which had been heretofore greatly passed over in breeding. Twenty years ago, no one even imagined a Silver Persian with Russian Blue eye colour, and now it's becoming a goal among breeders.

This is what responsible, ethical breeding is all about - breeders making a concerted effort not to simply conform to the Breed Standards, but to improve upon them with each successive generation. My hat's off to you, Lynda - and I suspect that every other hat here is as well.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Could you not just find someone with a mature male breeder willing to lend him out as a stud? I know there are stud fee's involved but just a suggestion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would involve sending Camie of for an undetermined amount of time. A trip to a strange home could throw her out of heat so she would have to stay there until she came back into heat. She is first my baby then a potential breeder so I am not comfortable doing that.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Understood. Having never bred cats before I don't know how all that works. Just was curious why that wasn't an option. I don't blame you for not wanting to do that and stress her out, etc.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't anyone want to visit you with their lovely Cat so that Camie doesn't have to get stressed by moving somewhere else?
I know that It is not the usual thing to do, but at this point It could be worth trying.