Update On Lily!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh she's spoiled rotten, too bad she doesn't see it like that. she likes the brushing to an extend, but only on approved areas. I get yelled at and threatened if I go towards the spots that have the most hair that needs coming out (tummy, back legs, her mane)

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing too exciting here, just figured I'd update since I'm off today. She got a walk around the house this morning, and is out on the porch now, waiting to see if she makes the lap around or is going to be lazy. I think I came across something though, I got more fluids in her today. I bought some Fancy feast kitten oceanfish pate, I used that on Sunday to mix with miralax. Today I mixed the pate, with water and made it a mushy lickable treat and she did pretty good with it. I wouldn't want to do that every day, bc its higher in calories, but the little bit she did eat, mixed with water probably isn't bad and gets more fluid in her, so yaye. I just gave her the other half can of pumpkin mixed with the lecithin. It's supposed to get cold tomorrow, they are calling for snow finally thursday into Friday. its been so mild this winter, we used to get at least one good snow, and barely below freezing all winter(so far)

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, we've been having *some* poop, every other day now, which is better than every 3 or more days, but they're still clumpy, and today was quite bally. For someone who is supposedly very constipated, sure can fly down the stairs quickly. I heard her meowing a little while ago, her telling us ( I think she's telling us, haven't figured out what she trying to say) that she caught something, I come to see what article of clothing she has dragged out, and she comes flying down the stairs afterwards and told what a good little hunter she is. Little stuff like that gives me hope, that she isn't feeling too bad.
I ordered some more EZ Egg yolk, I haven't used that in awhile, I still have some left, but ordered some fresh, incase the one I have isn't so fresh. I'll try mixing that with the pumpkin again, and lecithin.
I think some nights, or even in the daytime, I'll give her some friskies shreds with extra gravy. She didn't want what Zoe was having last night, so I popped open a can for her. Of course she doesn't eat the morsels, but she licks the gravy, so hey hydration!
I sure wish I could use the furminator on her "no no" spots, I was using a tiny furminator on her back, and that little brush got SO much hair off her back. I had bought the tiny one on clearance awhile back, for like $2.00. I kinda want to buy the large cat/long hair brush but its like $45, would it really do any better if I'm not allowed to brush her tummy, and sides and back legs anyway?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we've been having *some* poop, every other day now, which is better than every 3 or more days, but they're still clumpy, and today was quite bally. For someone who is supposedly very constipated, sure can fly down the stairs quickly. I heard her meowing a little while ago, her telling us ( I think she's telling us, haven't figured out what she trying to say) that she caught something, I come to see what article of clothing she has dragged out, and she comes flying down the stairs afterwards and told what a good little hunter she is. Little stuff like that gives me hope, that she isn't feeling too bad.
I ordered some more EZ Egg yolk, I haven't used that in awhile, I still have some left, but ordered some fresh, incase the one I have isn't so fresh. I'll try mixing that with the pumpkin again, and lecithin.
I think some nights, or even in the daytime, I'll give her some friskies shreds with extra gravy. She didn't want what Zoe was having last night, so I popped open a can for her. Of course she doesn't eat the morsels, but she licks the gravy, so hey hydration!
I sure wish I could use the furminator on her "no no" spots, I was using a tiny furminator on her back, and that little brush got SO much hair off her back. I had bought the tiny one on clearance awhile back, for like $2.00. I kinda want to buy the large cat/long hair brush but its like $45, would it really do any better if I'm not allowed to brush her tummy, and sides and back legs anyway?
Will she let you stroke those areas? If so, put your hand in a nylon stocking in place of a brush. If not, no other brush or brush-like product will overcome her objections if she won’t even let you stroke those areas with a bare hand.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good Point daftcat75 daftcat75 . No she will not let me touch those areas with my hand either, so any type of brush is kinda pointless. Silly girl. Man would I love to shave her but she'd probably have a cow if I came near her with a shaver. Maybe I'll do what I did last summer, cut off bits of hair little at a time so she doesn't have so much hanging hair. And Furballsmom Furballsmom I had to google what a zoomgroom is, its not expensive, so I'll have to give it a try! For her back and sides anyway ;)

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
20200223_215027.jpg

This was a picture I got the other night, she was playing with a moth that was on the other side of the window.
So no exciting poop news. Almost every day, (except today so far) for about 5 days, I've been finding more balls, which isn't ideal, but at least something is coming out. I tried vaseline for the first time ever, I was nervous about that, but from what I've read, its really good for hairballs. So i wiped some on her paw and pretty sure she ingested it. The next morning I did notice some of her "balls" looked like they had white in, and could clearly see hair in it. I dont want to do that often though. The ez egg yolk should be coming today. So tonight I'll go back to pumpkin and The yolk and see if that helps. Yesterday she got some lecithin mixed in with baby food. We've had a pretty good morning so far, she got her shower and drank,then licked the moisture out of friskies extra gravy. She must be feeling ok though, last night in the middle of the night I woke up to her meowing, to find a towel she had dragged out, and this morning found a pair of my jeans she had "caught" then she was rolling around playing with a rug for a few minutes. I make note of most cute things she does, I think as a reassurance to myself, that if she was really hurting, she wouldn't be playing and doing her cute little hunting bit. I just gotta get her moving MORE.
I will be so happy when I finally see a nice big log! Maybe tomorrow morning after the pumpkin that she will get tonight!

Greta_Loki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been a few days/maybe a week since I posted about Lily. She is really starting to perk up! She's more alert and active, still lazy but more "involved" I took her on a walk in the woods this afternoon, and she had a good time exploring. I am attaching a picture of her being brave and exploring. I also noticed when we first started out on our walk, she was MUCH faster going down the deck stairs. I'm wondering if the Glucosamine supplement is already helping? (its the GNC glucosamine & DHA/EPA).
And we have POOPS! Almost every day I'm finding poop in her box, and I'm pretty sure its not Zoe because Zoe never got the hang of the litter box and prefers to go outside, plus Zoe is a lot smaller and there for, makes smaller poops. I've found a pumpkin puree that Lily will eat, at Petco. I was giving her just regular grocery store pumpkin that I had to stick on my finger and basically shove down her throat. I picked up a few packets of Tiki cat pureed pumpkin, which has wheat grass, and she ate ALL of it, by herself. I am so proud of this girl today. I hope we're on the road to having a happier healthier Lily again. And finally clean her out! yaye. Anyway here is her today being a "wild cat" in the woods.
She's so beautiful. My older cat is having some problems with his joints and I never even thought to give glucosamine. How do you give it to your cat? Can I use the human grade supplement? Thanks

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She must be feeling ok though, last night in the middle of the night I woke up to her meowing, to find a towel she had dragged out, and this morning found a pair of my jeans she had "caught" then she was rolling around playing with a rug for a few minutes.
lol, what a totally darling cat! ...I apologize that I don't recall, is it you who has her follow you around the house with the food dish before you feed her? If not, you could try that ;).

Greta_Loki Greta_Loki you could look into this Getting old

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Greta_Loki Greta_Loki I use GNC hip and joint supplement for cats, it's in treat form and Lily eats them right up. I know there is powder forms of glucosamine but getting stuff into her is a challenge so luckily they have these in treat forms.
And Furballsmom Furballsmom I kinda walk her to her dinner bowl, usually around 7 shes under a bed, and stubborn and doesnt want to get up, so I walk her from upstairs to downstairs and sometimes have to chase her from room to room and then finally downstairs to our destination of dinner. I guess that counts as something, right?

WMM201

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol, what a totally darling cat! ...I apologize that I don't recall, is it you who has her follow you around the house with the food dish before you feed her? If not, you could try that ;).

Greta_Loki Greta_Loki you could look into this Getting old
I totally follow my cat around the house with her dish. She has her eating "zones" and I follow her around with her plate. She likes it if I sit next to her while she eats. A social diner!

WMM201

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Greta_Loki Greta_Loki I use GNC hip and joint supplement for cats, it's in treat form and Lily eats them right up. I know there is powder forms of glucosamine but getting stuff into her is a challenge so luckily they have these in treat forms.
And Furballsmom Furballsmom I kinda walk her to her dinner bowl, usually around 7 shes under a bed, and stubborn and doesnt want to get up, so I walk her from upstairs to downstairs and sometimes have to chase her from room to room and then finally downstairs to our destination of dinner. I guess that counts as something, right?
What a great workout to get her appetite going!

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We got poop!!! :woohoo::poop:
It would of been a big log, but it was pretty broken up Best I've seen in awhile though! I stopped by pet valu today and they had 75% off primal bone broth, so I bought some and mixed it with some more friskies extra gravy and she lapped up some of the juice so more hydration. I'm trying to fill her up with wet stuff so shes not so obsessed with the dry food.
I got the ez egg yolk in the mail today, I'm gonna hold off on that with the pumpkin, till probably tomorrow morning or evening since she finally went today.
Shes been pretty lazy since earlier today, but its pretty icky outside today

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poop again today! Yess!!! I think today has been a very lazy day for her. I was at work most of the day so her opportunities to walk around the house were slim. Monday if its nice I'll see if she wants to walk around with me. She ate pretty good too, mom told she was eating the Dr Elseys dry food instead of crave yaye! And then did pretty good with her tuna and sardine wet food.
So now I turn briefly to Zoe. I'm not worried but its annoying me. The last several days maybe even a week, she will NOT eat the wet food I split between them, no interest in breakfast, or dinner. Didnt touch this morning, or dinner. She comes in around 7, I split their pouch and Zoe will take one lick and walk away, and then return for dry food. Tonight I chased her around with a plate, I dumped her half of sardines and tuna, and replaced it with whole hearted tuna and shrimp and she finally ate some, after I chased her with the new plate. Is she bored? I just worry about her too, especially after the vet had mentioned her heart murmur again, after 3 years ago when they said it was gone. I just want to make sure shes eating enough and keeping her weight up, and getting enough taurine.