Update on Friskies

Zylalove18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wanted to update my post from yesterday: After hours of digging and many panic attacks later I decided I'm no longer supporting Purina. I was feeding Zyla friskies everyday but this last week she refused to eat it. I discovered many forums where cat parents claim purina friskies and Fancy Feast are making their cats sick. I'm so relieved Zyla is ok! I don't know what they are doing in these factories but it's pretty alarming when you learn a brand you trusted has betrayed so many. Today I bought Sheba wet food and she devoured it and is very happy now! I'm so happy too:blush:

If you feed your cat Friskies or Fancy Feast please be careful

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks. I am still feeding Feeby Fancy Feast pates, and so far so good. There are flavors she no longer likes, but none that she eats are making her sick, thankfully! As I said in your previous thread, I do think the texture has been changed, but none of the ingredients have been altered as far as I can tell.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zylalove18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I am still feeding Feeby Fancy Feast pates, and so far so good. There are flavors she no longer likes, but none that she eats are making her sick, thankfully! As I said in your previous thread, I do think the texture has been changed, but none of the ingredients have been altered as far as I can tell.
I'm glad your Feeby is ok:redheartpump: I'm sure not every can is tainted!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 371835
People should just feed us steamed chicken and an occasional mouse or two. All this fuss is annoying ...
Indy: I keep telling my mom I want a fresh fish instead of the mush she feeds me but she just doesn't get it, I try to catch my own from the tank but she just yells at me!

---

On a more serious note, I really don't know how I feel about these foods with mystery meat in them. I try not to by stuff with unspecified meat because you never know.

I know there's been quite a few recalls involving contaminated food from China.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
On a more serious note, I really don't know how I feel about these foods with mystery meat in them. I try not to by stuff with unspecified meat because you never know.

I know there's been quite a few recalls involving contaminated food from China
~ Sad but true ...

Babycat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little girl (4.5 mths) loves fancy feast kitten All flavors. I’ve tried more expensive brands but she wouldn’t touch it. She’s happy, healthy & growing like a weed.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I feed my cats Fancy Feast from time to time when I can't get to the petstore due to weather or what not. They devour it and I've never had an issue.

Ironically I did have an issue with Tiki Cat lately. Cats would drag their heels eating it and Jasper developed a weird rash on his skin that only went away when I stopped forcing the Tiki Cat on them and instead gave them Nulo. Now they happily eat a mixture of merricks dry food and nulo wet foods and are doing good, with Jasper's rash healing up D:

I never had a problem with Fancy Feast through - only food that ever made my animals sick-sick (talking diarrhea, stomach problems) was blue buffalo.

I'm glad your kitties are ok now and that you found a food they liked! I see Sheba a lot and thought to try it instead of Fancy Feast but my old girl is so picky that I hesitate lol