Update On Cats !

woahoshi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So some might know my cat, Lettie and my kitten, Owen.

It's been a while since I updated, but a bit has happened

We recently got the cats essential oil or medicine for their 'mini' problems. I'm sure many have heard of Jackson Galaxy, we bought the essential oils from his store.
Lettie's hyperestheia has been getting WAY better. It happened quite a bit every day. Now it's cut down to once a day or sometimes every other day!

So much has happened with Owen. We DID find out he is an over groomer. Last time I posted, he didn't have any patches of fur. The oil has helped a bit I've seen. There are now a few patches of fur on his body. I think he might be bothered by some parts because he doesn't seem to clean his entire body. He's obsessed with his stomach and his left armpit. I haven't noticed any bald spots on his stomach but his armpit definitely has some spots without fur. He's not obsessed with his right armpit though. I'm not sure if it's normal for 11 month old cats to not clean their face? We haven't took the cats for a vet check up yet, but we think that Owen has to have something wrong with him. Nothing urgent I don't think. I hope not. Gross but, I don't know if eye boogers are supposed to be so black? I mean, he gets them SO quickly. It doesn't seem to hurt him. We checked him for fleas last night and none were on him. I'm not sure if Owen just grooms his fur out of stress-relief or something's wrong. He doesn't seem stressed at all. I could see before, but he's doing great now.
He is doing phenomenal with everything! He's growing up so fast :bawling2::bawling: . I definitely think he has to be some part of maine coon because he's HUGE for such a young cat. He's longer than my family's arms. His meow kind of sounds like a chew toy lol! I think he's way happier for some reason.

Good things are happening. Now all we're waiting for is the vet appointments!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am glad to hear things seem to be better for both Lettie and Owen. But, I am also happy to hear you are getting vet appointments for them. It would seem that Owen probably still has some undiagnosed issue with possibly an allergy of some sort. I hope Lettie continues to improve on the oils, but it sure wouldn't hurt to have her thoroughly checked out too!

Has Owen gotten over his aggression toward Lettie? How are they getting along now?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wipe black eye boogers out of two cats eyes daily! The third cat isn't nearly as bad. Black eye boogers are perfectly normal, any body fluid, saliva, mucous, eye discharge, turns black when the bacteria in it is exposed to air. If I start messing with their eyes, they sometimes wipe it out themselves, but keeping a clean rag by my chair is helpful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

woahoshi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I am glad to hear things seem to be better for both Lettie and Owen. But, I am also happy to hear you are getting vet appointments for them. It would seem that Owen probably still has some undiagnosed issue with possibly an allergy of some sort. I hope Lettie continues to improve on the oils, but it sure wouldn't hurt to have her thoroughly checked out too!

Has Owen gotten over his aggression toward Lettie? How are they getting along now?
Owen seemed to mature into a 'teenage cat' and definitely being less aggressive towards Lettie.
He still has his times but It's not a big deal knowing that he IS a kitten still. And Lettie doesn't seem to mind the playing.
The only few problems that need to be checked is Owen's over-grooming. He keeps licking his under right armpit and he's getting progressively bald there.
The oil we got for him didn't seem to work so we stopped.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat has hyperesthisia, what oils do I need to get from Jackson Galaxy?

Found it I ordered the skin soother

Last edited: