Update, Loki, F1 Savannah

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, Loki has been here roughly a month now. He has come a LONG way and I would venture that he is nearly (give a week or two more) just a regular member of our feline household.

As of this post he is at my back on my computer chair, just chilling. This is a first as he is has always been very curious about my office and has *broken* in many times, but has never settled in with me.

Teri and I love this cat deeply already and every positive step he makes in accepting us as his new forever home just makes our hearts swell.

Loki HAS found his permanent home and Teri and I are so blessed to have him, because he has taught us once again that human kindness can tame a savage beast. (even if Loki was just bluffing)

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your hearts must be filled with joy.

This is going to be an adventure -
I look forward to following your updates.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's like a big Christmas present to yourselves.

Glad he's settling in so well, and I look forward to seeing more of the handsome beast.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What an awesome update! So glad Loki's doing well in your home and responding so well to your love and care. Hooray for all of you!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the update, Nial! Glad to hear that Loki is understanding that he's in a good place with good humans!!! You will be rewarded a thousand-fold.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I missed the background story on your sweet kitty I will say it is always great when a kitty finds a wonderful forever home and especially with someone who truly understands and loves the kitty and so I will say that very handsome boy and you are both blessed and I truly believe God brung you together. Please give him some love for me. And Pixie keeps getting stars in her eyes when I look at his pic please tell him my sweet girl is two young for that.
Silly I know but I have been like this most of the day.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so pleased to hear how he is continuing to do well. He's a really special cat and you two are REALLY special humans.
Everything happens for a reason!

Speaking of which (small thread hijack,) things have settled down here, as well, and there has been no more fighting (grumbling, a few disagreements, certainly, LOL, but no more bloodshed) and no further signs of peeing outside the box.

Penny and Squeaky actually spent some time on the foot of my bed Friday night, each about 3 feet apart, with NO signs of aggression.

They really DO listen to us, and obviously, we need to listen to THEM, too.

I hope you and Teri and Amy and all your fur family have a wonderful Christmas!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the moral support and nice posts about Loki. Each day he makes a little more progress and it seems we get one extra headbutt per day.

Very strange for me to say this, as I never wanted a Savannah, but I can't imagine not having him here with us. There is something to be said for these early generation hybrids when they love you, it's very intense.

Loki has decided that he loves us, and both of us to Teri's delight, as the F1 Bengal that stayed with us for 8 months was a daddies girl.

Today was the first time he has allowed me to pick him up and hug him and then carry him around the house without complaining. He even made a happy noise.

Betsy, Teri and I are both so happy that things seem to be settling down at your place with Penny and Squeaky. I know how relieved you are about that!
Keep whispering to your cats, you have a gift.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Today was the first time he has allowed me to pick him up and hug him and then carry him around the house without complaining. He even made a happy noise.

That's so awesome!!!!

I am so glad you decided to give him a furever home - and the opportunity to really be his own true self!