Update from Angel's mommy. 😊 (Sorry, long post)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a little warmer the past few nights, so they've become chair kitties.
In fact, Panther has been laying in the one closest to the door. Honey just came, so I put a towel on the other chair for her too.
Told Panther he was being a good boy. Gave him some kisses on his head, & as I turned to walk bk in, he reached out & tagged my leg. ..... I mean 🤷. Thankfully just 1 little puncture. Didn't bleed. But still. I was like,
"What was that for? What did momma tell you about that?"

IMG_20210224_214508043.jpg
IMG_20210225_094040449.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately, I don't think it will be anytime soon.
In the video it shows how she is being extra cautious and possibly distrustful. I sincerely hope she realizes how compassionate and caring you are and will let you approach her as time goes on but it will probably be on her terms. :heartshape:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the video it shows how she is being extra cautious and possibly distrustful. I sincerely hope she realizes how compassionate and caring you are and will let you approach her as time goes on but it will probably be on her terms. :heartshape:
Yes, she definitely is. I've even tried to hold a treat on my fingertips w/ hand extended, in hopes she'd take it. That's one of the steps I did w/ Panther. Nope! I got a quick tap & hiss towards my hand. She will even be right outside the door, w/ door open, Panther inside & me loving on him. So she sees. She must know. I keep telling her she can trust me. That I just want to love her & care for her, & can make her feel better with medicine to keep the buggies off of her.
I also keep telling Panther to tell her. 😄
she's a tough one, that's for sure.
I just wish I could pick her up & snuggle her!
I love that she has two ginger paws. One in front, & one in back.🤗 She needs to be bathed & groomed SO bad. If I were to ever be able to bring her inside, she'd have to have that done at the vet. Then spot treated. I wanna brush her so bad!!

Oh, so this morning, in the kitchen as usual, Panther gave my foot. 1-2 w/ each paw, then proceeded to try to bite it too. Of course I pulled it away, ( thankfully slippers on) & he hissed at me, so I hissed back! He crouched a little & hissed again, so I hissed bigger. He didn't hiss back that time. I said, "that's right, momma's the bigger kitty!" ( I am a leo, lol!)
I figured he'd understand that reply of a hiss.
of course not 2 minutes later, he was rubbing at my legs again. Then he went out after a little ball play.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanna brush her so bad!!
I can't brush Maggie, she won't allow it. She brushes her own hair with her teeth! It's the most amazing thing, she rakes her teeth through her fur. Little miss independent.

so I hissed bigger. He didn't hiss back that time. I said, "that's right, momma's the bigger kitty!"
Ha! You have great instincts with them.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday morning playtime! 😺

New video by Kelly R
Sweet, You can really tell that he is a hunter... and a bit aggressive in play.. at least to my eyes.. but what do I know..

Too bad he is going outside. It seems as if his claws are long.. too long for an indoor cat..

Have you tried putting some herbal remedies in his water? I did try Rescue Remedy and Jackson Galaxy's things. I think JG's stuff helped more.. I used them for both Artie and Geoffrey.
Geoffrey had a good reaction to JG's things. I even used the chat option to find out the best combination. I was speaking with one of the associates in the on-line store. They are a bit pricey.

You may even want to try them for Honey's water also... Worth a shot, if you can afford them..

For my use, with Geoffrey, I just sprayed the air, several times a day.. I was afraid of giving him a food aversion, if he sensed it in his food..

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet, You can really tell that he is a hunter... and a bit aggressive in play.. at least to my eyes.. but what do I know..

Too bad he is going outside. It seems as if his claws are long.. too long for an indoor cat..

Have you tried putting some herbal remedies in his water? I did try Rescue Remedy and Jackson Galaxy's things. I think JG's stuff helped more.. I used them for both Artie and Geoffrey.
Geoffrey had a good reaction to JG's things. I even used the chat option to find out the best combination. I was speaking with one of the associates in the on-line store. They are a bit pricey.

You may even want to try them for Honey's water also... Worth a shot, if you can afford them..

For my use, with Geoffrey, I just sprayed the air, several times a day.. I was afraid of giving him a food aversion, if he sensed it in his food..
Thanks Cindy. I do have some rescue remedy myself. It'd be hard to add to the water though, & it not get wasted. Especially being a little expensive. They are speratic with the water. Sometimes they drink a good amount, & sometimes not. I've only seen him drink from his inside water once. Usually it's the outside dish. I dump & refill that at least twice a day w/ just getting dirty, & now the pollen has really started here in NC.
I think he's just young, (3?) & that's why he is like that, as well as having been only outside for his life, as far as I know anyway....🤷
(Where both Angel & Sammie were about 5 yrs old when they came to me)
I could maybe try rubbing the RR into his ears. I think it's pretty normal play for a young one though. He loves that mouse, & his balls. I feel like a good play session helps get that energy out of him.
I just don't want him going for me feet.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just took the trash out, & saw the younger black cat that I've seen a couple of times before. He was out in front of another building. (2 down) He must be Panthers offspring, because he looks EXACTLY like him!! I had to look twice & long. Same gold eyes, same little sparse of white hairs on front of the chest. Smaller & smaller meow/ cry though. When I squatted down, he rubbed against the back of me. He looks about the same age as the silver & white one that's been around before. Maybe 8 months or so. He could have been Panthers twin!! SO Crazy! He was the one that Panther was growling & moaning at out there one night on the far side of the patio. Luckily, it never escalated. He even let me pet him kneeling beside him, telling Panther, "No, leave him alone, he's a baby." Managed to distract Panther long enough for him to run away. Nature is so sad, the way that happens, because it's obvious he's his son.
I think the lady that took Panther to be fixed looks out for this little one.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In that close-up video shot he looks just like a panther! Look at that jaw. Did you name them?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I haven't posted in a while, so thought I'd post a little update.
I've been busy, because I finally filled both biweekly spots I had open,
So now I have 2 new clients. ......and am exhausted!
The kitto's have been good. I did have to take Panther to the vets this week though.
I noticed his left eye didn't quite look right, & for the first time, it had some green discharge. The pollen is REALLY bad here right now!!! So....I thought, we'll, it could be just irritated from that. I had some of the Samasilan homeopathic allergy eye drops,
( Which I had used a few xs way bk in the past, on Angel). So, I did that once, just to see if it would look better the next day/ Thurs. It didn't. The white part of his eye was all red, so I called for an appointment.
Thankfully, my vet had a cancellation Fri morning, so we got in. I hated to have to go, but was also so happy she was getting to finally meet Panther. ( I had sent her a link to this thread after he was fixed). The assistant said, "boy, his name really fits him!
When he was fixed in October, he was 12lbs.
I thought he'd be 13 something.......She had me put him on the scale, and he's 14.3!!
But she said he's not fat. He's so long & tall.
(Said his heart sounded good).
He had conjunctivitis, so he's on neopolydex drops for 7 days, through Thurs. He doesn't like it, but has let me do it. Both eyes. Until yesterday...he started growling when I was doing it. Today was really tough. I do the kinda sit on him from behind... so I'm not in front of "the murder claws" but he's So strong!! I only was able to get the left today. He wiggled too much to get the R. But, the L was the bad one, so I let it go, just for tonight. They already look so much better, but still want to finish them through Thursday, of course. So 🙏🙏🤞🤞 for that!!😬.
Honey is good. Still won't let me pet her yet. It's been a year..... Her left eye is always teary, but is clear. I put Lysine in her food every day. I double hers, & Panthers getting the regular dose. I got the now brand of powder for pets on amazon smile. It's 275 mg. In 1/8 tsp. I just got my second bottle.
I started using that in Dec.
I'm just happy I can get him inside to eat, so I can get them in. I always let him eat first. Then he plays a little. Then eats some more.. Then I do it before he wants out. This way he will hopefully keep coming in, & not associate that as soon as he comes in...
He thrashed when I got him in the carrier. But he was good on the ride. Not a peep. I made sure the vents were blowing towards him for air. He did good for between the first 5-10 mins waiting, then started panting.
Dr. Jennifer walked through, & said we were next, I said, ok, because he's panting now. So she said, ok, we just have to clean the room real quick. Thank goodness it wasn't long. Of course, I had some of the Relax my cat music from youtube on my phone in the car. I turned it down real low & left it in the pocket of the carrier for him while in there.
I'm so proud of him. He did really well. I wasn't sure if he'd let her examine him. As soon as we got him out, he stayed glued to me, standing by the table.

Here's how bad the pollen is! I clean my little glass table outside, & looks covered again like 2-3 hrs later! Here's my windshield!
Panthers eye, before the vets.
Then some playtime outside yesterday... notice"the murder claws!" 😬😄
Then some snuggle time with momma last night. 🤗❤

IMG_20210328_151434152~2.jpg
IMG_20210325_164447209_MP.jpg
IMG_20210325_163808531_MP.jpg
IMG_20210327_105725652.jpg
IMG_20210327_105711386.jpg
IMG_20210328_201201858.jpg
IMG_20210328_201208127.jpg
IMG_20210328_201405205.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a good boy, behaving at the vet. Look at him lounging in his bed and posing. 😻

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He really is a sweetie pie. Glad you were able to get him to the vet, and have gotten some drops in his eyes. Congrats on filling the last 2 spots. Keeping busy is good. And I'm sure the extra money is even better. :)