Update from Angel's mommy. 😊 (Sorry, long post)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess he's gotta take turns with his mommies.
Is Honey his mother or his girlfriend? Or his sister? I always wonder if Demi & Maggie are related since they came from the same woods. I guess Maggie can't be his mama though, since she has no orange in her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Honey his mother or his girlfriend? Or his sister? I always wonder if Demi & Maggie are related since they came from the same woods. I guess Maggie can't be his mama though, since she has no orange in her.
Lol, from observing a few things over the last year, I'm pretty sure Honey is his momma. First, my friend that worked at an animal hospital for 15 yrs, (& had two Torties himself), said he thought she looked to be about 7-9 yrs old. After practicing some animal communication with Panther, I'm certain he is 3. (After asking him if he knew how old he was, how many yrs, & focusing, I got a big bold, black "3" in my mind). So I trust that is the answer. I've watched a lot of animal communicator videos/ classes, & they say we need to trust what we get, that we all have it, just need to trust...so I did! Especially with such a bold definite answer!
Then, one time, they were laying outside, & that little gray & white tabby came around, & Honey, the least active of the two of them is the one who went chasing....then Panther followed. So as if she were protecting her boy, being the momma.
Another time, a few months ago, she had just come out from the bk fence, & was sitting on the hill, Panther was way down off to the end side by the trees, & she looked over that way & she did a little "Merrow?" And I be darned if he didn't come running!!
Like a momma calling her baby. That pretty much confirmed it for me. I don't think he would have done that if they were just two cats hanging out together. 💕

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Panther came in to eat at 5, & has been hanging out since. Honey hasn't shown up yet..... Panthers being lovey today ❣
After I came out from my shower, I sat by him, asking if Honey had come yet, & he was up against me. Then he actually stepped on my leg, as if trying to maybe sit in my lap, but stepped over & laid up against me, putting his head on my leg. I was hoping to catch some of the love'ns he was giving, so started recording. I also caught his first toung out picture! 😛😄 He's gone bk out now.
Yay, Honey came to eat.

IMG_20210209_180519780.jpg

Here's video link. ( Sorry, it ended up being a little over 4 mins, but watch for his love'ns towards the end. 🤗

New video by Kelly R

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Panther has now spent his second Sunday night with me! Not sure why it's been Sundays, if any reason, or just coincidence. He came in for breakfast yesterday (Sun) & didn't go out until 6:50 pm. Came back around 9:30 for the night.
He's been good for the most part, but do have to still watch him sometimes when walking through from the kitchen to the living room, because that seems to be the swatting lane! I even am careful to not walk through fast, so that's not it. Just occasional randomness! 🤷
Anyway, he went under the bed last night to sleep, so I put one of the beds under there for him. He ate, & went out for about 30 mins, then came back. I had a 9:30 Dr. Appt, so gave him a chance to go back out, but he stayed. So I said," ok, be a good boy, mommy will be back soon." I was gone for almost 2 hrs, came BK, & he had been under the bed. He went out shortly after, came back at 3 for dinner, & is still here now at 4:15.

Here's a video I took one night last week of him being lovey again. ❤
New video by Kelly R

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Saturday morning friends.
So Mr. Spicy Panther is at it again....
Last night he stayed in, & I was glad, because it was getting down to the upper 20's! Pretty cold for us here on the NC coast.
So, he went & got in his bed, under my bed around 8:30. I went to bed around 11:00.
He came out when he heard me in my bathroom. Then on the short distance from the bathroom to my bed, he was rubbing up against my legs, (& this is how it usually starts), so I reached down to give him some pets, then proceeded to VERY slowly take steps to my bed. (Because he's just about under me) I literally took one small slow step at a time, pausing in between, because I knew what he might do. Then sure enough, he striked! He got the inside of my right knee, & in instinct, I had lifted my left foot, to block him, & the side of that got it too. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS BEHAVIOR!? I really don't know why he does this?? I would understand if maybe I was walking by him to fast or something, but no reason for these attracts. 🤷😢
(If he were only indoor, he'd be getting a serious manicure!!). It's like I can't walk when he's at my feet & rubbing against my legs. No matter how slow.
Any insight anyone may have is very welcome! I'm really trying to figure out why he is doing this. It's giving me anxiety anytime I have to walk by him. Especially if he's rubbing against my legs. It's such a problem, that I'm seriously thinking about trying to contact an animal communicator.
I know we have one in town somewhere. There was an article on her a yr or more ago, & I saved it, to have her info.
I'm just at a loss!
IMG_20210219_225226664.jpg
IMG_20210219_225301256~2.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, he cried to go out a little before 4:00 this morning, so I showed him the litter box again, but he still wanted out. Since I plugged in the heat pad in their house, in case Honey came ( she didn't), I let him out.
This morning when he came back in for breakfast, after some time on the floor with him, he gave my foot 3 good bats!! Thank goodness I had my slippers on! Specifically for that reason!! I just gave him a very firm "NO!" ...... I don't understand what the heck is going on?!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS BEHAVIOR!? I really don't know why he does this?? I would understand if maybe I was walking by him to fast or something, but no reason for these attracts. 🤷😢(If he were only indoor, he'd be getting a serious manicure!!). It's like I can't walk when he's at my feet & rubbing against my legs. No matter how slow. Any insight anyone may have is very welcome! I'm really trying to figure out why he is doing this.
Off the top of my head I'd say it might be his way of playing or being over stimulated but you may want to post a thread in the Cat Behavior forum for other members advice: Cat Behavior

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks neely, yes, I was googling away!! I'm going to try to do more play sessions, but not sure that's it, since he does go outside.
May be a little showing of dominance??
Because it's not in any situation we here he's stimulated. 🤷. I did just plug in a comfort zone difusser in the outlet on the back of the bar. Only other outlet in that area is right above where I feed him, so didn't want to put it there, so close to food. We'll see if that helps at all. It's right above where I have the litter box, but he still hasn't used it. Despite sitting in it & this morning during play after chasing a ball over there, stood in it, but again, only for a couple of seconds.
IMG_20210220_112401963.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you always walking when this happens? He might be afraid of your feet. Maggie attacks my legs sometimes when I try to walk by her. How is pretty little Honey doing? Got any new pics or video?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I am always walking when he does this, but I don't think he's afraid of my feet. It's like he's trying to be, or because he has been rubbing up against my legs, & won't let me walk, because he's in front of me, almost like trying to keep me from walking. Even if he's gotten attention prior. It's not like he's ignored, & demanding attention.
BUT..... He has done it while sitting as well.
Last time he spent the night, he was in his bed, under my bed, so when he heard me get up for the bathroom at night, he was there between the bathroom door & my bed. He was acting like he was going to do it again, so I thought I'd sit down on my knees for a few mins to give him some attention. He even climbed in my lap. Then while petting him, everything normal, all of a sudden, he reached up & striked me! Got me between my upper lip & nose! It's just weird!
After that I led him outside! It was already 5:30 am by then anyway. I don't know what gets into him, but like I said, it's like he's trying to prevent me from walking. Even walking sideways or backwards in front of me. I'm not sure if it's a territorial domanant thing, or what??
This morning, he even tapped the back of my foot as I stepped towards the microwave. Thankfully it was not very hard, & I did have my slippers on for protection.
I just turned around & firmly said, NO!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I finally got a little footage of Panther doing the go to swipe & hiss st me. This was last night.
It's like he wants to be all up on my legs & weaving between them, that I can't walk, & he stays on me, or in front of me, so when I naturally try to walk, this happens. *This was minor, compared to what he usually does when I'm trying to walk through,/ by. I'm trying to get footage of what's more the norm when he does this, because sometimes, he's not at my feet, but just sitting by the table grooming after he's eaten. That's why I thought maybe territorial... I could try moving his food area, but not sure if that'd work, since would relatively be in same space. Having it there is also gar enough away from the door, so I can get Honey's out w/ him following, so she can eat.

New video by Kelly R

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it looks similar to what my cats do. I don't know why they do it. Playing maybe? I like how strict you were with him though. I need to be more strict and tell them no every time.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it looks similar to what my cats do. I don't know why they do it. Playing maybe? I like how strict you were with him though. I need to be more strict and tell them no every time.
Thank you. I don't feel like it's play. It doesn't have that energy. Plus, he usually hisses when/ after he does it. I've actually hissed back a couple of times! 😄. I figured he'd understand what I was saying.
......"NOT Cool bro!"
little booger!!! 🤨

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, & Honey is fine. She still backs up when I come near, no matter how. Even when down on her level. It's a constant work in progress. When she does come in & sit on the rug while I'm fixing their food, as soon as I get about to my table, she goes out & backs up. Waits until the door is closed to eat.