Update from Angel's mommy. 😊 (Sorry, long post)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, you too!

It has to be. Yesterday was a really bad one guys. I went to my clients yesterday. (This is one of my elderly clients). I think she's in her low to mid 70's. She lives alone in a big historical house. Her husband, Ed passed away 2 yrs ago this December. It was a surprise to us all. (Blood clot).
Anyway, got there, rang the bell twice. Sometimes it doesn't work, so I knocked. No answer. I called, saying that I was outside the door. No answer. Called again, no answer. Now I'm really worried. I called her neighbor that has a key. He came right home, and we went in. We found her on her stomach, in the dining room. Called 911.
She was concous, thinks she'd only been there that morning, not overnight, but we realized she was a little confused, because she said she thought Ed was going to get the door.... πŸ˜₯ The neighbor reminded her that Ed's been gone for 2 yrs now. She said, ...right. Paramedics came & took her to the hospital. Not sure if she broke anything because she was definitely in pain as they slowly turned her over. She's by herself, and her neighbors help her a lot. They are her medical P.O.s & power of attorneys. I stayed to clean anyway, because there was a strong urine smell. Part of the wood floor & part of the carpet were stained from it. I tried my best to clean it up.
We think she probably had another TIA (mini stroke). She had one last spring (& had also been drinking to much). She recovered well from that, and has been doing good. Clear, etc... So I'm just waiting to hear from someone on what happened. What the Drs say. Janet was my first client when I started my business, so she's been with me for 7 & 1/2 yrs.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! It's so good you were scheduled to go there and were able to find her, though! Hopefully she'll be okay now that she's getting care.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I know! I'm so glad it was on my day. Otherwise, who knows how long it may have been.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hugs, hon. That must have been such a shock. And, yes, very good that it was your day to go there, and that her neighbours were home Hopefully it was nothing too serious, and that she'll be back home soon.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Saturday love'ns continues. πŸ˜„.
He came back around 2:30, well, they both did,but Honey was spooked off by my upstairs neighbor coming out onto her balcony for a min. She has a little dish she keeps bird food in, & a water bowl for them as well. It provides great kitty TV for them.😺. You should see all the tiny birdies. Once we saw 3 Cardinals on branches just off her balcony, as if waiting in line. πŸ˜„
Anyway, Panther stayed & got some treats & brushes. He was actually drooling when I brushed him. Lol, Sammie used to do that.
Then he got some kitty massage. β˜ΊπŸ’™πŸ˜»
About an HR later, he's now gone back up to "his spot", taking a nice nap.

IMG_20201010_150954667_HDR.jpg

New video by Kelly R

IMG_20201010_153022066.jpg

IMG_20201010_153028489.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You can tell how much Panther adores you and visa versa - the eyes tell it all. 😻

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly!
Sorry it has taken me so long to write. After my kidney stones were removed,they lazer them and little bits come out through,a stent that was to stay in place for a few days. You don't feel it. I went to pee ,and my thumb cought onto the tape holding the stent and,it got pulled out! Of course this would happen to me!I was scared,I called the Dr,and they said it was ok!I was all right for a few hours,and then I got these terrible gas pains.I went to the ER,and they took a cat scan gave me Morphine three times,and finally the pain stopped! They gave me some medicines to take at home! I am feeling much better now,I won't get to see the Dr. who did the surgery till Nov 9th,and I will bring all the paper work that the ER gave me. I hope everything is going ok for you. Tell me some more about these guests you are feeding! They seem to like you and trust you.Will they be lucky enough to be yours? I am hopeful that this will happen! Please send more pics.I will write soon!

Barbara

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly!
Sorry it has taken me so long to write. After my kidney stones were removed,they lazer them and little bits come out through,a stent that was to stay in place for a few days. You don't feel it. I went to pee ,and my thumb cought onto the tape holding the stent and,it got pulled out! Of course this would happen to me!I was scared,I called the Dr,and they said it was ok!I was all right for a few hours,and then I got these terrible gas pains.I went to the ER,and they took a cat scan gave me Morphine three times,and finally the pain stopped! They gave me some medicines to take at home! I am feeling much better now,I won't get to see the Dr. who did the surgery till Nov 9th,and I will bring all the paper work that the ER gave me. I hope everything is going ok for you. Tell me some more about these guests you are feeding! They seem to like you and trust you.Will they be lucky enough to be yours? I am hopeful that this will happen! Please send more pics.I will write soon!

Barbara
Hi Barbara!
I think you mixed up our pms with the thread. I'm sorry to hear you've been going through a rough time. You can catch up on any Panther & Honey news, here on this thread. I'll pm you a little later❀

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, Long catch up, but all good!! 😁😺❀

Hi guys, guess what? I have great news.
I mean, "mews" 😁😺
Panther has finally been neutered! :thumbsup:
Needles to say, it's been an eventful week, starting from last Saturday. What started as a worry/ scare, turned out to be a blessing.

Last Saturday morning I got a text from my neighbor, saying that animal control was outside. I jumped out of bed so fast!! Honey was out back, but didn't see Panther.
They were getting ready to leave, and I went up and asked if they minded if I ask why they were here. She said just driving through. I asked if they were looking for any cats. She said no. I then explained and told her about the kitties. Let her know that Honey was already TNR'd, and that I was working on getting Panther done. I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't be trapped. Told her about losing my last/ first two to cancer, & that I'd be devistated if something happened to these two now.
She said no, that they don't do that anymore, that if there's ever a problem, and some do need to be trapped, they call friends of felines, and have them do it.
I told her about trying to save up to take him to Cape fear spay & neuter. She said she could help me get it done a lot cheaper.
She took my name & number, & said she would have someone from the friends of felines rescue call me. I thanked her with much relief!! Asked what her name was, and when she told me, I recognized it from my friend who knows her. I told her that I'm a very good friend of his. She said oh yeah, he's great, I give him crap all the time, & he gives it right back! πŸ˜„
So, jump to Wednesday, & I finally get a call.
After talking, I find out that it's a lady that helps a couple of rescues, & she lives in the next building down. How "purrrfect" is that?!
She takes the kitties out to a place about an HR away that's a spay & neuter only clinic.
Said that she can take a certain number a WK & have done for free! That sometimes she only ask for some gas money.
They do very low cost ,& a lot of free for the rescues. Said she goes out there about twice a WK. Usually Mon's & Thurs's. I was off the next day, which was Thurs, so decided to try & do it. Thank goodness, I had about 1/2 a bag of corn litter left, so I started prepping my bathroom, since I don't use that small shower. I got Panther in after dinner. Played with him for a little while to distract him from wanting out. Then he settled down & laid on the floor at whichever end of the couch I was on. About 9:30, I loured him in the bathroom with treats, closed the door, & said, "I'm sorry baby.".
I wanted to make sure if he cried, he'd hopefully settle by time I went to bed.
He did so good. I only heard him meow/ cry a little at 4 & 6. Told him, it's ok, mommy's here. Went in in the morning, & he was crouched between the toilet & wall. I did get one hiss from him, but that was it. I said, "I know baby, mommy's sorry, come here sweet boy." He let me pet & love on him. He was just glad I was there at that point. I carefully picked him up & put him in the top of the carrier. It went pretty well. I told him that he would be coming home to mommy, that he wasn't going away forever, and that he'd be home for din,din.
Took him out to her car. I tried to give her some money for gas, but she wouldn't take it, said she filled up yesterday & didn't need it, that she didn't do it for the money. She text me a little later that he was quiet, so that made me feel a little better that he wasn't crying.
I had also felt a lump on his right side a few times, & asked if they could check it while there, so I was worried about that too. When I first found it, I think I cried 3xs that day. Worried about the worst, after what I've been through. I think it's safe to say I have some PTSD from losing Angel & Sammie both in a row to cancers. I tried not to go there, but it was hard not knowing. It wasn't a hard lump, & didn't feel it every time so...
Anyway, she called me on their way home, & said that they laid him every way, & couldn't find anything. That his right kidney was a little larger than the left, & that's all it was, & is ok/ normal. I was SO relieved!!!!!
I knew I'd probably have a hard time getting him in the bathroom, since he'd just spent a night in there, so knew I'd have to take him right in when he got home. It was about 6:30, so I made sure I spent some time w/ him a couple of times before bed.
I also got puppy pads, because he didn't use the litter box the first night, but the bed instead! Had to throw it in the washer & mopped twice w/ the swiffer, & then steam mopped, as well as kept the air purifier in there on high all day while he was gone.
So this time had the pads all over the floor. I spent a good 45 mins with him when I let him out in there. Tried to get him to eat, but he just wanted to be all up against me. I thought he was a love bug before, but on those pain medsπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
I had to make smacking noises by his plate to get him to eat. He'd eat a little, then back to me for love'ns. Back & forth like this for 30 mins. Lol. Left to go eat myself. Went back in around 9:00 & stayed with him for about another 20 mins or so. I also had the comfort zone diffuser plugged in this time!
He did so good, I didn't hear him start crying until 6 the next morning. Got up to fix his breakfast, hoping he'd eat & settle. Again, he just wanted to be next to me. So, I got the old blanket I was going to put out in their beds for them, & laid it on the floor & stayed in there w/ him until 7:45. Got up, fed Honey, then came to let him out. I am just so proud of him. He really is a sweet, good boy! ❀
He went out like everything was normal. No dashing & running away. Honey ignored as usual, lol, so I guess that was good. I feared he'd not come bk for a couple of days or more, but came home from work around 2:30, & here they came for some treats, like nothing had happened! I'm so thankful for all of it!!
Sorry this was do long again! ..but had to fill you all in. πŸ˜ΊπŸ’™
Pictures & videos! 😁 Since he didn't use the nice soft bed, only peed in it 🀨 I brought in bed from outside for second night & he did use that. 😊 I also put the bed behind the litter box once it had a little pee on it from 2nd night, hoping if he smelled it there, he'd use it, but never did. If he ever does come in, guess I'll have to try some attract litter.
IMG_20201029_150357563.jpg
IMG_20201029_204628323.jpg

This was when he first got bk home. Pain meds make them even more lovey. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•
When you get 3.25 mins to watch.

New video by Kelly R

Second night

New video by Kelly R

Morning,
IMG_20201030_054515386~3.jpg

IMG_20201030_054621996.jpg

IMG_20201030_070933410.jpg

IMG_20201030_071042653.jpg

He was dreaming here, I could feel him twitching.
Going out,

New video by Kelly R

New video by Kelly R

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can imagine your "double" relief, both a successful neuter and no problem with lump on right side. :yess: Panther is so sweet and gentle. :lovecat4: He's lucky to have found you.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Definitely! Very relieved!!

He really is such a sweet boy. I'm certain that this why I found this particular place to live. To bring me to them. I have a couple of great neighbor girlfriends too. One above me, & one beside me. We have "patio chat" outside a lot. πŸ˜„ It's nice, since most of my friends moved away over the last 15 yrs.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It got a little chilly last night. It was in the mid 50's. So put an extra kitty blanket out. Panther got right in. Even let me cover him up once he was settled. ❀ Honey took about an HR to get in, but finally did.
The way Panther was sleeping was just so darn cute! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
IMG_20201031_233940546.jpg
IMG_20201101_000158634.jpg
IMG_20201101_000937668.jpg
IMG_20201101_001758556.jpg
IMG_20201101_003016840.jpg
IMG_20201101_004252274.jpg