Update from Angel's mommy. 😊 (Sorry, long post)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, hopefully thats all I'll have to do!
Unless he doesn't show up that morning....
but, he's only not shown up in the morning about 3 times now?? (In the 4ish months I've been feeding them) This morning being one of them. Usually if he's not around, I can call him & he shows up. Not this morning though. My neighbor said he was laying out there in his spot earlier, until the landscaping people came. So I'm sure he'll be here for dinner. Usually around 4 or 5 they show up. At least Honey got to eat in peace this morning. ❤

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They came for dinner, then left. I went & took my shower, then about 30 minutes or so after, they came back & are hanging out on the patio. They haven't done that in a while. Especially together. 😊♥
I tried deleting some photos & now it's letting me post. Yay.

IMG_20200831_175323262.jpg

I wanted a small umbrella out there for when it's raining, because if not to hard, they'll still come eat. My parents had one they weren't using anymore, so they brought it over last wknd. Only problem is, its not waterproof! So at some point, going to get some waterproofing spray for it. I just have to wait until it stops raining for a cpl of days to dry. This has been the wettest summer here in NC!!

IMG_20200823_144113461.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Caturday everyone! 😸
Hope you all are having a good morning. 😊

This morning when Panther came in for some playtime, I had gotten a mouse out of the big box of cat toys I have. Well, he loved it! He had a great time! 😁

New video by Kelly R

Heres video of him letting me brush him. Usually I'm brushing from behind, so this time, he was watching the brush, & tried to bite it. You can hear him purring away though! 😊

New video by Kelly R

:biggrin:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well looks like I'm going to Petco this morning. I was sitting on the floor, facing the table lamp to do my toes, & I saw 2 tiny fleas!! :eek2: I was like, NO, NO, NOOO!!!
I got the vacuum out & vacuumed for the 2nd time yesterday, except this time, I did it in 5 different directions! Moved the coffee table. First horizontal, then vertical, both ways diagonally, then vertical again!!
I did the dawn dish soap in a container under the coffee table for the night, just in case, until I could get something today.
Theres nothing in it this morning, so thats good. Also emptied out & cleaned the vacuume & sealed the bag. I am mot playing!! Not on my new white rug, or in this house! :mad: I even vacuumed the couch & chair & turned them on their backs to do underneath. Just to be on the safe side!
I know I should have treated Panther, but hadn't seen anything in the house all this time, & wasn't sure he'd let me before, & of course, its going to be another expense.
I just have to though. Im just going to get some Advantage at the pet store. Hopefully, I'll be able to sneak it on during a brushing! 🤞. Just going to be quick. I'm getting the Serinity spray. It had 5 stars & all good reviews on their site, & was only 12.99. So hopefully, they have it at the store.
Hopefully I got any few there were, since I only saw 2, by vacuuming, but better to be safe than sorry! Wish me luck. This is not how I planned spending my weekend! 🙄

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hopefully those were the only two, and they're now inside the sealed vacuum bag. Good luck sneaking the Advantage on Panther.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhh, I pray so too!! Thanks. I don't think it will be that hard. If I can get him to set inside the door for some brushing, (from behind), I know I can sneak it on really quick. Ill just brush up instead of down right there, & pop it in!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, this is what I ended up with. They didn't have the other spray, of course, so this was recommended. It was much more at 31.99, but the sales girl I talked to has used it & liked it. So that & the smallest pk of 2 months of advantage...$80 later!
Well, had to be done... I just sprayed the rug really well. No oder, so that's good, because I'm very scent sensitive. When it dries, guess I'll vacuum again.

New photo by Kelly R

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY, I did it! He was sleepy, so that helped. Was napping out by his tree, then came over. Gave him s few treats to stay busy as I brushed his neck, then did it quickly, & he didn't even act like I did anything! Wanted to get it done, because were supposed to get rain Tues afternoon. Gave him dinner afterwards. :)
New photo by Kelly R

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With everything going on, I totally forgot to tell you guys about what I did Friday afternoon. I took a baby squirrel to a rescue! I was sitting in my chair & looked out to see the smallest squirrel I've ever seen. He was so tiny. I went out to see if any others were around, because he looked to tiny to be on his own, & had never seen one that small out & about. Plus, it was almost 3:00, & the kitties sometimes show up for dinner as early as 4:00. I knew that little guy wouldn't stand a chance if Panther were around. He was so small, he wasn't scared, didn't know better. My neighbor came out, & we were trying to figure out what to do. He was following me around, & came right up to my foot. I was looking up for a tree with a nest, thinking I could put him on a tree & hopefully he'd go up, but didn't see any close enough. We called a wildlife rescue, but got no answer. I called my friend that works at the pet store & he gave me the number for a lady who rescues squirrels. I got the carrier & put a towel in it. I put on two pairs of garden gloves, because I wasn't sure how he'd be. He was so small, he wasn't really running, but just more hoping around. So I just picked him up from behind, very easily, & put him right in. I took him to the rescue. She said that he was about 6 wks old, & just about ready to be out on his own, believe it or not. Since he was alone, & kitties were around, I didn't feel safe with him being out there. She put him in a nice big tall cage with some 4 wk olds, & he went right into the little iglu hut bed thing & snuggled in with them. She said she'd give him some milk for starters. There was a plate w/ cut up sweet potatoes, walnuts, fruit, etc.. for them. Said she'd keep him in for 2-4 days to get on a schedule & etc.. and then release him out back. :). His body, not counting his head or tail was probably only 3" long. Maybe the size of a newborn kitten.
I never thought I'd ever be doing that! 😁.

New photo by Kelly R

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww ... sweet little squirrel. Glad you spotted him before Panther, or another predator, did. Thanks for taking the time to rescue him. And spending the money for the flea stuff for Panther. :redheartpump:.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thank you. Well, both definitely needed to be done. 💙
Thank goodness, theres been no sign of anymore of Panthers "little friends." So hopefully those two were it!! I would have rather over reacted and been on top of it, like I did, then not.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With everything going on, I totally forgot to tell you guys about what I did Friday afternoon. I took a baby squirrel to a rescue! I was sitting in my chair & looked out to see the smallest squirrel I've ever seen. He was so tiny. I went out to see if any others were around, because he looked to tiny to be on his own, & had never seen one that small out & about. Plus, it was almost 3:00, & the kitties sometimes show up for dinner as early as 4:00. I knew that little guy wouldn't stand a chance if Panther were around. He was so small, he wasn't scared, didn't know better. My neighbor came out, & we were trying to figure out what to do. He was following me around, & came right up to my foot. I was looking up for a tree with a nest, thinking I could put him on a tree & hopefully he'd go up, but didn't see any close enough. We called a wildlife rescue, but got no answer. I called my friend that works at the pet store & he gave me the number for a lady who rescues squirrels. I got the carrier & put a towel in it. I put on two pairs of garden gloves, because I wasn't sure how he'd be. He was so small, he wasn't really running, but just more hoping around. So I just picked him up from behind, very easily, & put him right in. I took him to the rescue. She said that he was about 6 wks old, & just about ready to be out on his own, believe it or not. Since he was alone, & kitties were around, I didn't feel safe with him being out there. She put him in a nice big tall cage with some 4 wk olds, & he went right into the little iglu hut bed thing & snuggled in with them. She said she'd give him some milk for starters. There was a plate w/ cut up sweet potatoes, walnuts, fruit, etc.. for them. Said she'd keep him in for 2-4 days to get on a schedule & etc.. and then release him out back. :). His body, not counting his head or tail was probably only 3" long. Maybe the size of a newborn kitten.
I never thought I'd ever be doing that! 😁.

New photo by Kelly R
Aw, so precious! I love squirrels.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, yesterday I went out & bought reflective collar & tag for Panther. His name on the front, & "mom" & my phone number on the bk. He came for dinner around 4:15, so got him inside & managed to get it on him w/o to much trouble. He did the walk backwards, something feels weird thing a few times. I tried to explain to him that it was to help keep him safe, that it was a "special necklace" from mommy. To please keep it on.
.......well, he showed up this morning, & it's already gone. Not even 24 hrs! I just threw $20 away. 😑. My friend that works at the natural pet store said if he took it off, he'd get him a kind they have that's a little softer & squishier, so they tolerate them more. Has Velcro. I'll go look at them, but will still have to get another $14 tag. Well, I tried!

I also called a place a lot of people use here for spay & neuter (Cape fear spay & neuter),
for discount prices. I think I'm going to try to make an appointment for him in the next month or two, & get it all done. This way at least he'll have a chip.
New video by Kelly R

IMG_20201001_134139879.jpg
IMG_20201001_162435177.jpg

IMG_20201001_150154091.jpg

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh no. Maybe someone will find it, and seeing your number on it, call you. Thanks for all you're doing for him, btw. :petcat:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no. Maybe someone will find it, and seeing your number on it, call you. Thanks for all you're doing for him, btw. :petcat:
Thanks. Well, I try anyway. I doubt it will be found. Probably took it off in the bushes somewhere, or in that abandoned house they stay in behind the fence. (I finally stood on a log, & was able to peek over there, my neighbor & I. I'll try to get a picture)
I can pick him up now, so that's nice. I try not to too often, because I know he'd rather not. Started a CPL of wks or more ago. I first just scooped my arm under his when he was standing beside me. Lifted him up just a few inches, to bend down for a kiss. Then was like, "ok, so he let me do that." Next, Maybe a WK or few days later, I did the same, but scooped him up, supporting his bottom & rolled him up, holding like a baby, gave kisses, & some good boys, along w/ "see it's ok" then bk down, so not to long.
I really so proud of how far he's come in like, 5 months?.. I'm just happy he showed bk up this morning, after putting the collar on him yesterday.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a 'yellow caution flag' waived from here.........given what has happened - his reaction to the first collar - I wouldn't attempt another, especially one that likely won't release easily (if at all). You have no way of knowing how he removed it - god forbid he should get caught up, or worse, while trying to remove the new one.

If he were already permanently indoors-only, then you'd have the opportunity to 'train' him to accept the collar.

Seriously, think that through.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, it was a breakaway. I wouldn't have put one on if it wasn't. The main reason I wanted to put one on him, was if animal control ever came around, or just anyone else who saw him would know he's being cared for, has a home, so to speak. I don't want him getting picked up. After losing Angel & Sammie both in a row to cancers, it would kill me to lose him. I already love him so much. 💙

Last edited: