Update from Angel's mommy. ๐Ÿ˜Š (Sorry, long post)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜Š. My mom said she jumped when she watched it, because she thought he bit me.
We just scared each other. He looked like he was taking a bigger bite, so I jerked back & we scared each other. He had taken a treat from me that way earlier, so I was trying again. Guess I wasn't holding it far enough out. They're so small, hard to do.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited about another thing that happened tonight with Panther, I just had to post! So, it had been raining all afternoon, (so much lately!) so by time it slowed down & stopped enough, Panther finally showed up for dinner at 8:00. No sign of Honey. So I fixed his plate. I left the door cracked enough & he stepped in , so I put the plate down by the door, leaving it open, so he wouldn't feel trapped. He gobbled up a can of friskies chicken & liver pate'. He was licking his plate, sniffing for more, so gave him another 1/2 can, then the rest, so tonight he ate 2 cans! I told him that was enough for his little belly.
He was sniffing the treats, so I gave him a few. I was kind of kneeling down, sitting on my right shin, but my left knee was up, foot on the floor, and he slowly extended his head to my left knee, slightly tilted his head to put the top of his head against my leg for just a second. MY HEART EXPLODED!! ๐Ÿ’•
I couldn't believe it! I finally got some of that love'ns!!!! ๐Ÿ’™
WishI had gotten a video of it!

Oh, & Saturday, I went to the farmers supply store & got a couple of dewormer capsule for them.
My friend that worked at a vet hospital for 15 yrs said that kind I got is repeated in 3 wks, so I'll do it again then. They could tell something was in there, but I think they ate enough to get most of it.
I jus had to make sure he didn't try to eat hers too.
IMG_20200630_200439060.jpg
IMG_20200630_201439276.jpg
IMG_20200630_202433134.jpg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy for you, Kelly, with your new apartment. It looks beautiful, just made for you.

The kitties will be yours soon. They obviously like humans - they just need some time getting used to you. Panther is coming along well.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Unfortunately, as I explained in an earlier post, the rent is already at my limit, & to have a pet, (& that also means only 1, because it was supposed to be no pets) it would cost me an extra $25/ mo in rent, PLUS a $200 non-refundable deposit! So, unfortunately, its not going to happen anytime soon. Plus these two are pretty bonded, & I wouldn't want to seperate them.
They will just have to be outside kitties that I feed twice a day. They are a good "transition" until I am able & ready to adopt. โค๐Ÿ’™

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You've done so well! Your place looks lovely. And I do love that it came with two furry little ones, both adorable. I hope you'll be able to afford to bring them indoors in time. Kudos!

(In that picture, Panther looks like he's trying to figure out where his breakfast is!)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I bought a bunch of marigolds because they're supposed to one of the flowers that help keep mosquitos away, & I knew they were safe for the kitties. There are just way to many mosquitos though!!
IMG_20200704_095349781.jpg
IMG_20200704_095329695.jpg

Here's Panther about 30 mins ago.
Silly boy!
IMG_20200704_095329695.jpg

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's nice that you get shade on your patio and I bet the kitties appreciate it too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but almost to much shade. Hope my flowers get enough sun! It definitely helps the electric bill though! So far my first two have been under $60! ๐Ÿ‘

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
They're right at home on your patio. and I love the squirrel
What a darling face!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess what?!! I just got my first two head bumps from Panther!!! :hyper::heartshape:
I was giving him some treats after he finished his dinner. He came in on the mat for them. I gave him a few, then thought we were done. As he sat there waiting for more, he was starting to duck his head a little as if to go into a head but/ rub, like he does with Honey, so I slowly put my head down ( I was sitting on the floor w/ him), and just waited for him to come towards me. His head touched my forehead, and lingered there for a couple of seconds, but they were a cherished couple of seconds.
As if my heart weren't already ready to explode from that, I got another a few mins later when saying we were all done with treats. He acted like he was going to do it again, so I slowly lowered my head for another. Well, he definitely got a few more after that! :redheartpump: