Update from Angel's mommy. 😊 (Sorry, long post)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe.... we'll see! Sometimes its two steps forward, & one step back....🤷
He's giving me his head more for kisses, and now going for my hand with his head for scritchies. I can't just reach over myself and do it, I have to wait for him to come to my hand for it, unless he's head down, eating treats. This morning, I cleaned and refreshed the water bowl, and when I brought it out and sat it down, he tapped/ slapped my hand......I was like, " hey, what was that for? Why'd you do that? That was not nice.". He must be conflicted or confused.....I don't know. That was just weird. Then tonight when I did it again, was bringing the water out, and he did the same thing, but to my foot. Thankfully, he just tapped the side of my flip flop, but still....🤔
Honey didn't eat this morning, so don't know if she got something somewhere else or what. Tonight she stayed up by where they come from under the fence. She wasn't coming down. ( Maybe because he chases her sometimes) so after her not coming down for a while, I set her plate up there where she sits. She went back under the fence when I did, but she came back out and ate. I'm glad. ❤

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Caterday my friends! 😸

I hope everyone is having a good morning so far. 😊. After feeding the "kitto's,"
My first hour of the day was spent playing ball with Panther. Giving treats and getting lots of kisses! 🤗 💙💕💕💕 I even got the cat brush back out to see if he'd let me brush him, because he was definitely shedding when I gave him scritchies.
As long as he was eating a treat, I was able to brush his head & back. When I showed him the brush, he tried to bite the bristles.
😼😄
Here's a video of him playing ball this morning. 😸

New video by Kelly R

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi friends, my dad finally came last weekend & put brackets up under my mantle, so I could put the trellis I painted up there. It was the one in front of the fireplace. I wanted it up there, but had to wait to put brackets up. I don't want that coming down, its solid iron & heavy!!
One of my clients that lives in a historical house gave it to me. Her late husband was a retired architect, & did the research on houses, for people to get the historical plaques for their home. (It had just been sitting in her enclosed porch). When she gave me this, it was so rusty my hands were orange from taking to my car. My dad cleaned it up for me, so I could paint it. I love stuff like this. I love that it has a heart. ❤ So today, I painted the brackets w/ the wall color paint to blend in better.
........Anywho, here's some picture
For now, I just put some candles that used to be on my table in the fireplace. (I got my fountain out & put that on my table)
but what I plan to do is get a set of LED candles (I have a set of 9 in my Amazon list) and put them inside the fireplace, & fill the bottom w/ the same glass beads that are in the hurricane to the right of the fireplace. Teal, clear & frosted.😊
but this is it for now.
IMG_20200726_135542103_BURST000_COVER.jpg
IMG_20200726_135743137.jpg
IMG_20200726_140147685.jpg

IMG_20200711_153450782.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The trellis is exquisite. It fits in beautifully above the mantle. 👍 I love architectural pieces especially when you know the history behind them or where they came from as was the case with your client.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, so do I! I even put the tiny felt pads that came w/ the pk for my table & chairs, on the bottom, so the mantle wouldn't get scratched up. Then I used my dad's plumber putty molded around them, just for a little extra "hold". 🤞😁

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday morning pets and purrs.:)
New video by Kelly R

He's been so lovey, trusting more.
I'm still careful, because I never know with him. I definitely have to stay tuned in to his body language, but for the most part is good. Yesterday however, he was in, we were playing ball, and then, not sure if it was a noise he heard, or why, but he went under my bed. (He does that sometimes anyway. ). So I proceeded to change my sheets, talking to him the whole time. Then towards being done, he reached out and got the top of my foot! I screamed, because it scared me. I really didn't expect that.
I don't know if he felt like he was being "circled" since going back & forth around the bed, or what, but it was not nice. Who knows why he did that. 🤷

56297.jpeg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi gang, hope everyone is having a good weekend.😊. I just thought I'd pop in & post a great shot of Panther I got yesterday morning, during our playtime. 💙
Things are still going well. I try to get him to stay & eat inside sometimes, because he will tend to not even finish his plate, before walking over to Honey's plate to eat hers!
Poor girl just walks away, so doesn't get to eat much, or finish. So, if I can't get him to stay in, (slips out before I can put her plate down & close the door), I try to wait & watch. Then, if he walks over to her plate, I try to distract him w/ treats, & get him inside. If she hasn't walked to far away, she'll come back & get to finish.
He's such a little stinker! I tell him that's not nice, that she needs to eat too, & he shouldn't do that. That its not very "gentlemanly.". ...and, "how many times do we have to have this conversation?"

Heres the little stinker. He really is a love though. If I am reaching my hand down to move his plate, or whatever, he's dipping his head under it for pets. 💙 And of course, I get my daily dose of kisses!! 😍

Sorry I couldn't just post the picture. My phone says unable to do because of low memory....SO overdue for a new one & w/ much more storage. I've already got one picked out, I should be getting it in a wk or two! Here's a link to the picture.

New photo by Kelly R

New photo by Kelly R

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That first picture of Panther is gorgeous. Great job, as black cats can be hard to photograph. And nice to see Miss Honey in the 2nd pic. Wonder how long before she'll be brave enough to venture inside for some pets and kisses.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! The light coming in from the sliding doors helped!
Yes, I Know. She's so skiddish/ weary. I've tried w/ her. Especially if Panthers not around to chase her off, as he sometimes does. 😼. She won't come closer than a couple of feet or more, & that's only for food being put down, or if I'm tossing out treats, trying to get her closer. She's come as close as the other side of the door mat outside, but only for treats that have been tossed out, (while sitting inside the door) & if I move even a tiny bit, she bolts back up the little hill. She's seen me loving on, giving Panther pets, kisses, & scritchies, me saying, "see Honey, its ok, don't you want some love'ns too?" "I promise I'm not gonna get you baby."
I even say " good girl" when she comes closer, but she's still very stand offish. 😕

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
......aaaaand it continues... He only took a few licks, so waited for Honey to finish & let him back out w/ his food. Then he usually eats. He just laid down instead. Then neighbor came out, so he took off. I just brought his plate bk in, so flies wouldn't get it. Hopefully he'll come bk soon & I'll put it out for him. You can see how he is always wanting kisses. 💙

New video by Kelly R

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know I've asked before, but is Panther neutered, or Honey spayed? One must be, or I think there'd be kittens by now.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I've asked before, but is Panther neutered, or Honey spayed? One must be, or I think there'd be kittens by now.
Yes, Honey is, it looks is if shes been TNR'd.
Her left ear is tipped a little. (& Think most likely why shes so skiddish to come close).
Panther is not. That's part of why I've been working with him. He's used to coming in for just a little while for playtime, but don't know how he'd be "trapped" inside over night. I'd have to put him in my bathroom at bedtime, & pray he is quiet. Walls & ceilings are thin here!
Also, I need to be able to handle him to get him into a carrier in the morning for an appt. That's what I'm trying to work on now. Once I have an appt. I'll start keeping the carrier out for him to get familiar with. Put treats in there, etc... If I don't have to keep him overnight, & can get him in the morning when he comes for breakfast, that would be even better. Since they probably don't put males under, but just sedate.
So thats where its at. There's also a place here that does it for only $55. I have to see how much shots would be too, because that would also be good to do. So although good prices, I'd still have to wait to have the extra money, since I'm down a cpl of clients w/ all this stuff going on. With shots included, I'm thinking probably closer to $100.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, that's great that Honey's spayed, at least no kittens to worry about.

And putting treats in the carrier so that Panther gets used to it, sounds like a plan. He's getting so friendly now, that I think getting him in the morning of his appointment would work.