Update from Angel's mommy. 😊 (Sorry, long post)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day, I borrowed my neighbors leaf blower & tried to blow was much as I could up the hill. There's SO much pine straw & leaves!! I'm constantly sweeping, & it's not always good on my back! . There are just too many trees back here! ( & HOA doesn't do a whole lot!). So we try to keep it clear.
A while after I was done, Panther showed up, & had fun playing in the pine straw I blew back. It was like a little kid, jumping in a leaf pile! πŸ˜„πŸ˜Ί Silly, goofy boy! He cracks me up! The second video was from this week. Just being silly!

New video by Kelly R

New video by Kelly R
Aww, Panther has the zoomies! Love it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart, they more than likely do miss their owner who passed away but your kindness has more than made up for it. πŸ€—
Thanks neely. I believe it was probably about 2 yrs ago, or more since. Based on what my neighbor told me. (If that was their home, will never know for sure.) Said the elderly person that lived there passed right before one of our bad hurricanes. That's why there's a tarp on the roof w/ a tree leaning on it. Come this spring or summer, it's scheduled for demo. ....more student living apts going up, which I hate. There's already so many I'm town. One of the things about being a college & beach town. That's why finding decent affordable housing here is so expensive & hard. Especially for a single person with one income!! I'm worried the kitties are going to be stressed when that happens. I know they know & have here as home base too, but they're so used to being able to go over there. They've only stayed in their kitty house once when it was raining one day. They're so used to hiding out there. Hopefully, they will just stay here a lot more. I don't like it at all though!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Come this spring or summer, it's scheduled for demo. I'm worried the kitties are going to be stressed when that happens.
Oh no. :eek: That would worry me too. Demo would be exceptionally noisy and disruptive. Do you have a plan in mind for the cats?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really, not much I can do, but besides the cold, that's part of why I bought the house for them. Since they know this as one of their home bases, where they get fed, I'm sure they'll just be here a lot more. Perhaps that will encourage Honey to get closer to me, & fully trust me. That, & LOTS of Prayers!!! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi friends. Thought I'd share some pictures.
so yesterday, Panther came for dinner at 5:00. After eating, got in his bed, & stayed for an hour before wanting out. Then about 3 hrs later, he was back, & stayed in for a record of 4 hrs! I actually took a shower while he was here, which I've never done before. He was fine, just slept. I thought we were going to maybe have our first sleep over, so I got out the litter box. Went to bed at 12:00, settled in, then he cried, so got up, & showed him the box again, in case he needed to use it... nope. So, said, ok, let's go night, night. Walked by him & he struck the side of my leg by my knee! 😱. Then hissed at me!! I was like what the hell???! I didn't do anything! (I swear cats are bipolar!) So I said, NOPE, ok, outside, & he ran to door, ready to go out. Maybe I should've just let him out the first time, but he wasn't by the door, so🀷. Crazy cat. ..... I swear he's such a little booger sometimes! He can definitely be spicy! Thankfully, only one small puncture, (vs/3,) so cleaned it with alcohol.

Liquid cat...this doesn't look comfy, but guess it was. 😸
IMG_20210123_205430355.jpg

Now he's got it.
IMG_20210123_205733678.jpg

This morning, after breakfast....more pets mom. (& "How ya like my fangs!") πŸ˜„
IMG_20210124_095354945.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, it was just his claw. Then that's better. :)
Oh yeah. Just one got me too. Was only one little puncture from it. Not a whole paws worth. ...but still, was so unexpected. Especially w/ the hiss after.🀷. He's definitely got a lot of "street" in him at times. Then other times, about 80-90% is sweet.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie punches me sometimes when I walk by her. I guess she has some "street" in her too. Or "woods", since there aren't really any streets around here, just back country roads.
Lol, yep! It's tough to fully trust when sometimes being unpredictable!
I'm trying to not think about that happening when I'm petting him, so he doesn't receive that image from me. Animal communicators have said that our animals communicate through pictures. As in the example one gave about people saying " my dog doesn't listen to me, he always does what I tell him not to do." They say, it's because you're picturing what you don't want him to do, vs/ what you do want.
It's a tough reprogramming of our brain we have to work on. It's definitely not easy!
....but I'm trying to remember that.
Like when I'm petting him, I try to imagine him curling his paws in, so I feel safe, instead of fearing him lashing out at me. Because then, the fear is picked up on as well.
I'd LOVE to have an animal communicator come out sometime, if not too expensive. Even just to try to learn some of their past.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, after the smack down to my leg the night before, yesterday morning while fixing their breakfast Panther was all lovey. Rubbing against my legs, then even rubbed the side of his face on the top of my foot. 😊. Last night we had some good playtime.
(Hadn't had some good playtime in a little while. Either him not staying in for it, or me just to tired to do much, so maybe that was part of the problem 🀷).
Oh yeah, it's mad windy today!! My neighbor called me when I was working & said that the kitty house had blown off the patio!
As well as the mats & tarp, so she & her Aunt & Uncle that are here from Raleigh helped put it all back. After I cleaned it inside, she helped me get the tarp back on & all tucked in. So I just kept thanking her!
I'm going to bake some cookies Saturday for them! It's good to have good neighbors!

Anyway, here's the video...πŸ€—πŸ’™πŸ˜Έ

New video by Kelly R

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Panther stayed in last night, ( for the first time,) slept in his bed in the living room. Heard me get up for the bathroom around 2:30, so came in the room, then was under the bed for a little while,..I think. Wasn't until 4:15 he cried to go out. I had the heated pad in their house plugged in, so Honey was in there. I let him out, & they were both in there when I got up this morning.
Unfortunately, I didn't sleep very well. I think I was most afraid that he'd go under my bed & go for my feet if I got up in the night.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww!

Also, your place is so nice! I wish I could hire you as an interior designer.
Awww, thanks Lari!! I wish I could too. It'd definitely be easier on my back than cleaning!! πŸ˜›. (I used to have clients say that to me as well). 😊
I have a biweekly Friday open, & have been thinking about it, & decided to try to get some regular massage & waxing clients again instead. It won't be as consistent, or reliable as a cleaning would be, but something to try & build back up, to be a little easier on me physically.
My nephew's fiance came for a massage yesterday, & said she'd probably come every month, because she needs it. She's a dental assistant. She said she'd tell the girls in the office too, so, πŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ™.
She also made a good point that people may be more inclined to come here, vs/ a salon/ spa, because not being around a lot of other people. I'd wear a mask & have them do so as well, until face down, in the face cradle.
I think I'm on the right track with this.
Wednesday morning, I was thinking about it all, ( I'd LOVE to go BK into esthetics, but don't have time to wait on building a cliente before making any $, & no one is going to be able to garentee me the $ I need until then)
so that's when I thought I'd just try to resume massage & waxing here at hm.
Praying for direction, & a clear sign, then just 30 minutes later, she text me to schedule a massage! How's that for confirmation for ya?!! I love when that happens.
AND... the other rm is in that bk left corner of the place, which from charts I've seen in feng shui, is the financial part of the house, so πŸ™πŸ€ž Hopefully it will work out.
SInce it's in my home, will be stricktly referrals in only!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my Pinterest board of the coffee table back when I redid it. My mom & I found it at a furniture consignment shop for $80! I got new knobs for it at Hobby lobby.
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures anymore of the little table between the chair & couch, but it was brown as well. We found that one curbside in the neighborhood next to us, so was free!!

https://pin.it/3PxMeAG