Update- Excellent news!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have all listened to me whine about my husbands failing health for the past 2 years. Thank you for your patience. He has spent the last 2 weeks in ICU, 10 of those days on a ventilator. Today he got a new liver!! The doctors called me at 2AM and told me they had a liver for him and he would be going into surgery this morning. The next 24-48 hours are critical, but the surgery went well. I am now going to sleep- been awake since the doctor called and had only gone to sleep an hour before the call.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
!!!! That is excellent! Fingers crossed those next hours go well!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy for you and your husband. Neighbor got a liver transplant a couple years ago and he is now a completely different person living his best life now. It was really a life saving (and changing) operation and hopefully it will be the same for your husband.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's excellent news!!!!! So happy for you both :hugs:
:bliss::woohoo:

Now enjoy your much needed rest, and I hope his recovery goes well.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow! That's simply awesome news! I bet you are so relieved! I hope he does well with everything! :hugs:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so happy to read this news. I wish him speedy healing and the best of luck to both of you! :hugs:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry I missed your post but overjoyed with the excellent and encouraging news! :goldstar:This will be a new chapter in your husband's life. I wish him much success and I wish you all the best of luck when he returns home. You have been by his side both night and day to advocate and care for him. Now I hope you can relax and get some much needed rest. :hugs: