Upcoming "on demand" Boston Pops Concert - The Magical Music of Alan Menken

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The live performance was performed on May 19 and 21. The performance (audio only) will replay on May 29 at 7pm EST online 🎼 Program details and how to listen at

I'm sure the live performance also had scenes from each of the movies Alan Menken's music was used in projected onto a screen for the audience to see. I'm hoping Film Night, featuring John William's music, will be available online shortly after the live performance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Boston Pops concerts are always fun :) Not that I've attended any in person. I've always watched the 4th of July concert on tv (live performance is back this year!) and those special performances shown on the PBS station. The local classical radio station used to replay each Pops concert a week after the live performance and have most of them available online afterwards but that stopped a few years ago for some reason.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 I completely agree with you.. Many many years ago I went to a Pops Concert in Symphony Hall. My friend and I splurged on a floor seat! yes, sitting at a table..
I forget who the guest conductor was; but it was an awesome time!! I felt so 'special'... They had waitresses asking if we wanted any drinks... fun...

I always watch the concert on the 4th. I remember Arthur Fiedler~~. I am old!
And the POPS on PBS were always watched by myself and my dad. I got my dad hooked on the Pops....

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tickets are so expensive although a couple years or so ago they started a "$25 tickets under 40 years old" thing to as an affordable way to get younger people to attend.

YouTube has the some Evening at Pops videos available. I remember seeing Kristin Chenoweth on one show:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The concert starts in half an hour :hyper:

At the top of the page there's a blue play button in a gray banner under the CRB logo.

Untitled.jpg

If you don't see the play button or banner, try a different web browser or one of these other options including smart speaker and mobile phone app: Ways to Listen

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the link. I can pull it up on my laptop, at any time, to listen to it.

Now, to figure out how to do ti on Alexa!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you missed the concert last night, it's still available at The Pops Summon the Magic of Alan Menken

There's a gray button that says "Listen 1:42:04" between the title The Pops Summon The Magic of Alan Menken and above the picture of Keith Lockhart conducting. Click on that gray button.

Untitled.jpg

The music played during intermission was a nice surprise :biggrin: You'll have to listen to the concert to hear what it is :biggrin: The last song played is a fan favorite and always played at the end of Pops concerts. It's too bad there's no video because towards the end of the song, the crowd always goes wild when something occurs on stage.

Fun fact: Susan Egan, one of the special guests, is the original voice of Megara in Disney's animated movie Hercules and was the original Belle in Broadway's production of Beauty and the Beast :)

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I pulled it up on my iPhone, while I was relaxing outside. I was listening, looking at birds in the trees, the 2 clouds and the planes coming in for a landing.
I was in the shade, stretched out... just enjoying the afternoon, music...peace... It was nice. 😎
Have to listen to the rest of it...

I think I know what "fan favorite" they played. I have seen too many Pops Concerts; not to know.... 😂