Upcoming Anniversary Note -- Back Didn't Simply Die; The Vet Killed Him

cataan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In a few weeks I'll post my thoughts on Back's 4th anniversary, but just wanted to get out that, while I've never mentioned this on The Cat Site, I discovered that I was wrong about Back dying on the way to the vet. After going over the medical records and having a phone conversation with the vet and, later, the chief of staff of the animal hospital, in all likelihood the vet used extremely poor judgment and killed Back. I know it wasn't intentional, but she really screwed up and killed him in a terrifying manner. You could say he died of fright, more or less. I've avoided mentioning this over the last few years as it won't bring him back, but I've been angry for so long. Maybe saying something about it will help. Not Back, but me. Please don't say you're sorry for my loss -- say you are sorry for Back's loss.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is truly nothing to say that will bring you comfort with memories like this. It is a horror that plays over and over in the mind. But there is nothing that will change what has happened, and what you are doing to your very soul and the memory of that precious boy is painful because it is so soul shattering for you and we understand and care about you. My baby died right in front of me, so I understand the consuming pain this brings. But you can't let the pain and the hatred of his death overshadow that beautiful life. You can't let his death cause the death of your own enjoyment in life. I was there, and it was existing not living. That lets death win, it lets the pain of his end be more important than his life, of his love for you, and that cannot be. His love for you and the journey he took with you are a thousand times more important. You would do anything for him, he would do no less. You would want him to find enjoyment and love in life, to go on if you had to go, and he wants no less for the one he loved so much. Try to concentrate on what he gave you, on his love for you, do not dwell on something that will never be different, that you had no intent on happening, you cannot be held guilty of something you had no intent on doing.
Do not let your tears of sadness reach him now, give him a smile and the memories of happiness he so deserves. He needs you now more than ever to achieve peace, and so do you. He will always be near, a love like that endures forever. Ask him and he will send you comfort, in comforting yourself and bringing peace and joy to your life, you bring his peace too.
I know the conflicting memories these anniversaries bring, but as time marches on it helps us to realize that the happiness we had is ours forever, will always be a part of us,it is infinitely more precious than the pain. We must rejoice in knowing and loving those sweet angels, not hold on to the pain and let it overshadow that precious love. I will pray for you both, my heart breaks for your pain because I know it too well. Take care of yourself........RIP sweet Back, it is an honor to be so loved and remembered. I know the Lord is holding and comforting you, keeping you safe until you meet again!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fully understand you, because I've had the same feelings and thought for the past 13 months. And have had it even before the death of my sweet Lola, because I knew she was dying due to some vets' negligence.
For the rest of my life I will tell anybody that those vets killed her!

Let your words come out when it is time, I know it helps, I know it because I did it before.

Dear Back, forgive us! We, as humans, have failed you.
We, as humans, often fail Nature and Its wonderful treasures.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Vets are not Gods. Nor the Humans are Gods. All of us we make our mistakes. We all make poor judgments. We all heart and sometime even shorten other's life by our bad words or even actions. Shortening the life is just another way of killing, isnt it?

Also nobody knows what really happened. Look at a person crossing a street. Then ask the witness what they saw. Every single person will describe the situation in a different way.

Nobody knows. There is nothing sure in this world and we are all humans.

Love is here to heal, love your vet. She may did something wrong (or she may not, who really knows?), but she accepted when she selected this career to be blamed for such circumstances. To be blamed is very difficult to accept.

Imagine all will refuse to be vet because of the inherent risks of this profession. Would that be better?