Unvaccinated cat with vaccinated cat

OllieBoy99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I might be adopting a cat from someone who can't take care of him anymore. Based on what the owner said, he was adopted from someone else prior and was not told of any vaccinations and now this owners also never gave him shots so I'm assuming he's never received them. I can arrange for that of course.

What I am most worried about is brining him into my home with my other cat. Oliver is up to date on shots and neutered. I plan on keeping the new cat in the bathroom until I can get him to a vet and looked at. But what else can I do? I'll be meeting with the owner this weekend and was wondering what I can do to make sure he's healthy. Check eyes, nose, and ears? I asked my vet if they can test for FIV/FELV and waiting to hear back.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, bless you for taking this cat in.....Keeping the new cat in a separate room until his testing and shots will be OK since YOUR cat is up to date. We had distemper go around with my ferals and strays, and it was devastating. Only the cats that were vaccinated survived. Do you know if he was an inside cat? if he was that should help too. If not keep them separated until a week has gone by so he can build up his antibodies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OllieBoy99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do think he is indoors only but I will ask to confirm this weekend.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise