Unusually agressive

Acretian001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So me and my gf have a 4 yo cat named Lucinda who is usually all for my gf cuddling and petting her we recently had to move in to a room at a family members house and have 2 other cats. She has been very agressive towards them and us . She won't even let my gf (who raised her) pet her or pick her up she is t spayed. I have been thinking of putting up a door to separate her from the other cats but I don't know if the boys are the problem or if she is just needing a change of scenery or privacy.

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Put yourself in her spot. She spent all her life with your GF and probably finally accepted you into her life (colony for best word) now she has been yanked out of her territory and dropped into another colony that has multiple males (you said boys) and other unknown humans. She is freaking terrified and probably freaking out.

If I was in her position, I would be lashing out also. Get her some space so she can claim it as hers. Use some calming stuff (I can't remember the name) and maybe play some soft music to mask the house noises till she is calmed down more. Once she gets comfortable, she will slowly come back to being sociable.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The calming stuff I think is being referred to is Felliway. A diffuser is a good possibility to help. Definitely get her a private and calm space. She’s dealing with stress. So sorry! If you and GF have a room, give her privacy there. A box inside your space and keeping all others out may help her greatly. If she continues to be severely stressed a vet may be able to prescribe a calming medicine but I would not turn to that unless there is no other alternative. She needs time to adjust. Online there is music specifically for cats. It helps some cats very well. I think you said she isn’t spayed? This could be part of the issue. If the males get her scent and she comes into heat, stress levels will increase so keeping the boys away is very important.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slow introductions with cats is extremely important. Ensuring lots of resources and that all cats are fixed is also important

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you introduce the cats in a slow way, or did she just suddenly get thrown in with them? That sounds very scary. Make sure she's the only kitty in your room and keep it that way for awhile. You can try slow introductions with the others later, but it sounds like she's really stressed out. New people, new house, new cats. Poor little thing!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are the males neutered? Where are you located? We can help to find a low cost spay / neuter clinic in your area.