Unusual but good

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peanut butter & pickle sandwich, cream cheese & jelly sandwich and cream cheese & olive sandwich. Also I saw someone on TV eat vanilla ice cream with corn. I tried it and it wasn't bad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Corn bread broken in pieces in a mug of milk
Jello with milk poured over it

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was young my mom would make me a sandwich with peanut and marshmellow cream.
That's no unusual ... That is a Fluffernutter sandwich.. very popular in Massachusetts!! Marshmallow Fluff in a jar.. produced locally..

," cream cheese & jelly sandwich and cream cheese & olive sandwich". Those used to be lunch sandwiches in school!

"Jello with milk poured over it". That was a popular dessert during the depression, but with unsweetened evaporated milk poured over it.

"Corn bread broken in pieces in a mug of milk". My dad would eat a variation of this: just plain bread in hot coffee... another depression era item.
~~~~~~
Me? eggs with ketchup... cheeseburgers: both mayo and ketchup... lightly toasted bagel with both butter and cream cheese!

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not seen marshmallow fluff in stores. Lucky!
My mom feeds my dad since he can't. So anything he wants including hard boiled egg and green olives!
Yuck! I still eat what you suggested

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not seen marshmallow fluff in stores. Lucky!
My mom feeds my dad since he can't. So anything he wants including hard boiled egg and green olives!
Yuck! I still eat what you suggested
Its usually on the same shelves as marshmallows. Also, marshmallow fluff, when mixed with cream cheese and a dash of vanilla makes an outstanding dip for fresh fruit.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Green grapes in a bowl with brown sugar and sour cream. ( Mind you, haven’t had this since I was nine).
I make a grape salad and the dressing for it is cream cheese,sour cream and sugar (never tried it with brown sugar but I bet it'd be great) with a touch of vanilla.I toss in a few pecans when I have them and it's so refreshing during the summer.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sliced banana and sour cream

Creamed tuna - made like cream chipped beef but with tuna and peas
I remember this as a child.My Mom fixed this for us,always on toast...sometimes with tuna and sometimes without.She also made the chipped beef...I remember it came in a glass jar with a pry off lid.So good!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bolonga and olive sandwich

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
my friend liked grilled cheese with peanut butter and jelly and dill pickles