Untippable Water Bowl Or Bottle?

graphitepaddle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my Ragamuffin kittens has manage to defeat every type of water dispenser that I put out. This includes the:
  1. Pioneer Pet Raindrop Stainless Steel Pet Drinking Fountain
  2. Petmate Replendish Gravity Waterer w/ Microban
  3. various water bowls
He grabs part of it w. his mouth, and pulls it until the contents are spilled all over the floor. Any suggestions for a water dispenser, than cannot be spilled? (Wondering if he has Turkish Van blood in his lineage?)

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try industrial strength velcro, adhering it to the base of the dish at the location you want the dish to stay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

graphitepaddle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You could try industrial strength velcro, adhering it to the base of the dish at the location you want the dish to stay.
An idea, but it means putting something heavy on my nice kitchen floor, to attach the velcro to. Might be my last resort. Has the advantage of being able to remove the water bowl for cleaning.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An idea, but it means putting something heavy on my nice kitchen floor, to attach the velcro to.
Put a tray under the bowl and velcro the bowl to that. It doesn't need to be a fancy expensive tray. A cheap tray from the dollar store works well. You may need to add a heavy weight on the tray keep the it from being pushed around. A dumbbell works well and you can probably find a free or cheap one on Craiglist or yard sales and the like. A large jar filled with coins (pretty heavy) is another option.

Or get a pet bowl that has a suction cup bottom.

Last edited:

Tabbycatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm having the same problem. My cat scoops water out of the bowl for no apparent reason plus the bowl so that water is everywhere, mixing with the food nearby, creating a big mess. Thanks for the tray, Velcro, weight suggestion.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my girls loved tipping her auto waterer just to watch the water spread all over the floor. After try several different ones I ended up fastening the waterer by its tank part to the leg of an end table with a long Velcro ended strap. It was a nuisance to undo it to wash it but took less time than cleaning up all that water.

vikinggirl34

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello Graphitepaddle,

Not sure if you have tried a bowl with wide base. I have a metal food bowl as pictured in the link from Chewy.com. Not a water dispenser like you were looking for but at least a suggestion of an untippable bowl. The bowl pictured in the link also has non-skid material on the bottom. There really is nowhere for him to grab it with his mouth. Not that I can see anyhow. They are calling it a “dog bowl” but I see a cat pictured My cat uses one.

Platinum Pets Stainless Steel Embossed Non-Tip Dog Bowl