Unsure of the breed of father

ldiamond

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently got this little beauty, he had his first vaccinations today and the vet said they aren’t allowed to say a breed as it could be wrong. Mum is a tricolour calico...father is unknown! Any suggestions of what my little boy could be....thanks x

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most cats don't have any breed background at all. We call them domestic shorthairs (or longhairs, if applicable). I'm glad the vet didn't say a breed because many of them do, and that causes a lot of confusion.

Your little boy is a blue and white bicolor, very cute. His dad may have been a dilute color (blue or cream), although not necessarily because the parents can both carry the dilute gene even if they aren't dilute themselves. Do you know what the other kittens in the litter looked like?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldiamond

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most cats don't have any breed background at all. We call them domestic shorthairs (or longhairs, if applicable). I'm glad the vet didn't say a breed because many of them do, and that causes a lot of confusion.

Your little boy is a blue and white bicolor, very cute. His dad may have been a dilute color (blue or cream), although not necessarily because the parents can both carry the dilute gene even if they aren't dilute themselves. Do you know what the other kittens in the litter looked like?

Thank you !! Ralph (my kitten) was only one of two kittens and other passed away shortly after being born :-(...the mother was only one so very young and I was lucky enough to get Ralph. A worker in the pet shop said he looked like British short hair but we wouldn’t have any clue who his father is. X

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No not a british shorthair, just a domestic short hair (possible longhair or could just be fuzzies) and I hope the mom gets spayed asap. He's super cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldiamond

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is beautiful, mum is! She was a house cat and managed to escape once and was back within 40 minutes, they didn’t know she was pregnant until giving birth. The only one time she had been out bless her. I had seen British short hairs online after the pet shop worker had said and thought he was very like them but guess will never know !! Xx

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is beautiful, mum is! She was a house cat and managed to escape once and was back within 40 minutes, they didn’t know she was pregnant until giving birth. The only one time she had been out bless her. I had seen British short hairs online after the pet shop worker had said and thought he was very like them but guess will never know !! Xx
Unfixed cats will always try to get out and breed, please get her spayed just for your sanity's sake (indoor cats escaping is always so stressful!). That and her and her son can breed when he's 5+ months old.