Unsure Of Cats Breed

Peppercorn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
3E3EA582-9467-4996-A54B-996344812F4C.jpeg Hi everyone, this is my newly adopted 7 month old boy. Can anyone give me any idea as to what breed he could be? :)

He has very long back legs, long fur hanging from his lower belly and blue/bright green is starting to appear in his eyes close to his pupils.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous! I would describe him as a silver tabby domestic shorthair. Silver tabby cats have black stripes on a white background. You could describe his tabby pattern as "broken mackerel" since he has some stripes and some spots. Eye color can take time to develop, but we can tell from his body color that he won't have blue eyes. His eye color may become green or gold. Most cats are not any particular breed. Enjoy him :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree. Some comments. He seems to have some spots. But as you see, these spots arent individual and random, they are as in broken up lines. So he IS a broken mackerel, not "pet quality" spotted...
Even shorthairs have often longer fur on belly and sometimes on the behind. Its in much a protection, alike belly pouches are. In sharp fights enemies will try to ripe up the belly...
Many cats have the real legs longer - most, really...