Unsure if cat is pregnant?

kitkat1997

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, I've been trying to find information on how to tell if a cat is in fact pregnant, she got out for a few hours while she was in heat on January 11th... so 22 days ago. She continued to call until the 15th, so now two full weeks have passed where she has not been in heat, but since it would've been 22 days since mating, I would have assumed her nipples would have pinked up by now? They look the same as before, not really pink and very small, I have to search for them in her fur.

She's gained almost a full pound in this little bit of time, but I don't know if this is just because since being out of heat she's gotten her appetite back... I was expecting to know for sure by now because I assumed either she would go back into heat, or would have the pinked nipples by now. With her being a "maiden" cat would the early pregnancy indicators maybe not be so obvious? or if it's a smaller litter? Her spay was scheduled for next month, but that just being right before when her due date would be if she did get pregnant, I don't think I would want to spay at that point & would probably reschedule instead after they're weaned.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There are no definite answers nor sure knowledge;; and it seems you have done your readings... Nipples usually pinks up, but not always.

And yeah, heat doesnt need to end just because she mated... So we may presume she got mated (esp if she returned herself ), but its not always they get preg, even if its the most common...

IF you are OK with kittens, you shall wait and see.
If you dont want kittens you can rush her in; ask the vet for a quicker spay. You will perhaps pay some more...