Unsure about what is wrong? Any suggestions

Kittymommy21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat of 1 year has been playing around the wrestling with my new kitten. About a week ago i noticed her eye was squinting. I assumed she must have gotten hurt while playing. Her third eyelid was showing and a couple hours later i took her to my vet to check if her eye had been scratched the test came out negative. But she did say it was swollen so she gave me antibiotics drops. 3 days goes by and her eye is completely back to normal. I let The two cats see each other again and the Next day her OTHER eye is squinty and dischargey. I’m so confused. I hate seeing my little girl squint all day

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Is it possible it's an allergy?

I had an issue like this with Jasper before we started using dust free cat litter. Maybe the other cat needs a bath/has dandruff issues or something??

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. In addition to possible allergies, this kitten could have a virus - perhaps herpes? If so, herpes flare ups can cause eye issues. I only mention this because it appears that the first issue cleared up with antibiotic drops, and flare ups can cause secondary bacterial infections which would respond to antibiotics. You might just ask your vet about this. Also, if you have antibiotic drops left, see if the vet thinks it would be OK to use them on this second eye problem. You could even send a pic to the vet to see if they think this eye is swollen as the other one was.