Unread alerts

Mr_Kitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I have 2 alerts which keep displaying as unread (a post of mine was moved to another forum and deleted from the original forum I posted it in).

I tried clicking on it but the number "2" stays there and I was wondering if someone can remove that for me without having any adverse effects on my account/posts/messages/profile.

Thank you!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! If I'm understanding what's happening (or not happening :) ) for you, go into your Preferences and take a look at the section;

Alerts page and summary settings
On viewing alerts page…
  • Alerts pop-up skips mark readViewing the alerts pop-up will not mark alerts as read
  • Alerts page skips mark readViewing the alerts page will not mark alerts as read
  • Alerts page skips summarizingViewing the alerts page will not summarize alerts
Here in my post it put dots, but for you in real life you should see little checkmark boxes.

If you have check marks in the first two options, remove those, click save and then I usually have to go back into my alerts list to have the save take effect.

If you like what's happening otherwise, go back to this section in your alerts and put the two checkmarks back in, and click save.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mr_Kitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! If I'm understanding what's happening (or not happening :) ) for you, go into your Preferences and take a look at the section;

Alerts page and summary settings
On viewing alerts page…
  • Alerts pop-up skips mark readViewing the alerts pop-up will not mark alerts as read
  • Alerts page skips mark readViewing the alerts page will not mark alerts as read
  • Alerts page skips summarizingViewing the alerts page will not summarize alerts
Here in my post it put dots, but for you in real life you should see little checkmark boxes.

If you have check marks in the first two options, remove those, click save and then I usually have to go back into my alerts list to have the save take effect.

If you like what's happening otherwise, go back to this section in your alerts and put the two checkmarks back in, and click save.
I am going to check this out and hopefully it fixes it :) Thank you!