Unneutered Outdour Female Cat Went Missing.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think I should really stop hoping now.
She will always be a part of me.
If it makes you feel better, then give up. But, not knowing and assuming, is not always the best route for the long term. You have to do what is right for you and what you can reconcile in your heart about her.

If it were me, I wouldn't give up - but, it is not me. God bless.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Based on many posts from this site alone - yes, it is possible. You even have a neighbor whose cat disappeared for 3 months, so you know that it is possible. But, you have to decide for yourself what you want to do or not do. No one here can or should tell you how to feel.

But, we will be here for you if you want to vent or share your feelings as you go through this process.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I believe it is possible. However, you MUST do what will allow you the most comfort, even if that is believing that she will never come back, so that you can grieve and continue on. And should you do that, and she returns, then the joy will be ten-fold.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
do you think that she can still be near home? Even after 17 days of being missing?
catperson, I once lost a cat for six months. I went through the usual stages of panic, despair, grief, a few glimmers of false hope, followed by more despair. Then one day on the school bus my oldest sister heard some kids speak of this weird reclusive woman who lived in a shack and took in cats. On a hunch we decided to follow up on that gossip and took a hike over to the "shack".

There it sat, in all it's run down glory, right across the field from our own home. Inside we found Sam sitting in this woman's kitchen, eating cooked ham and drinking some milk.

Cats are a mystery, don't count her out.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catperson96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The only thing that gives me some hope is that she might be pregnant. Her belly was a little bigger (not very big though) and I saw her being affectionate and vomiting the last days before she left. There was a male cat that paid her visits every night, for the last 2-3 months. Maybe she was afraid to hide the kittens somewhere near the house,, because of that male cat and other cats that live in the neighborhood and she just went somewhere else to protect them. Do you think there are chances that she might be back on her own? Or is it more likely i find her through searching every place on the village?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You increase your odds of seeing her again if you continue to search, as well as look for her nearby your place too.

Just because you didn't think she looked big enough to be close to the end of her pregnancy doesn't mean she wasn't near delivery when she disappeared. It is likely that she would have went some place away from the roaming males to protect her kittens. If she did deliver soon after disappearing, her kittens are not big enough to be moving around much, and if even she moves them at this point, it won't be very far from where she delivered. Once they are over 3 weeks old, she might move them farther away from wherever she delivered, and hopefully closer to you.

In the meantime, if you continue to search, you might just run across her - and her kittens, if she did in fact have babies.

catperson96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Guys this is so weird... It drives me crazy... Yesterday I searched again the whole village and there is no sign of my cat... Today I tried to search the roads outside of the village and I found a dead fox and two dead cats probably hit by cars... This made me assume that something similar happened to mine... It is sad... Also I talked to some people in my village and none of them has seen her... She just disappeared... It's three weeks now... If she was pregnant I think somebody would have seen a sign of her... This sad feeling of melancholy hit again today... I really hope you people don't have to go through of what I'm going right now not even a single time in your life... I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to feel like this... It is terrible... I think in an aspect it's worse than losing a human being because with pets we spend about 12-16 hours a day... People are busy doing things, going to their job, etc. and we spend with them less hours. Also if you show a pet only love you will receive only love. People are more complicated because even if you show them only love they can show you hate. I try to philosophize about life, death, friendship, love, etc... But none of them makes any sense to me. There are two possibilities. Either life has a master plan behind it (e.g God, creator) or life has no plan behind it and everything is just random happening. Both are sad. What kind of God took away my best friend and for what reasons? Also if there is no God, it is equally sad because this makes everything cynic, there will be no afterlife or no immortality of the soul or no soul at all. There is just random sadness and happiness... And sadness was the result of my life's dice rolling. I want your thoughts on these words.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My thoughts are that you did not find your cat dead on the side of the road as you did the other 3 poor creatures. If she were killed like that, why did you not find her body?

Maybe this a sign in direct opposition to what you are assuming - maybe finding these dear animals is a message to you saying your kitty is still out there somewhere - alive.

Cats who have delivered babies and are protecting them outdoors are the sneakiest cats of all. They don't want to be seen and they don't want their babies to be seen - theoretically, this act of protectionism could go on for months.

I am not saying I am right, but I am saying that anything is possible - and, from all of the stories I know of (including your neighbor's), the possibility of finding her is still a very viable one.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
IF she was pregnant, and IF she delivered, she would have hidden herself and her kittens away, probably someplace small and dark. And if this happens, she may well come home in a few weeks bringing her family with her. That is very possible. It would be about 8-10 weeks after she gave birth that the kittens would be ready to make that trip, and we don't know when she might have given birth. But figure...maybe 8 weeks from now she may come home with them, if that is what happened.

catperson96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Guys something very weird happened. While I was searching the village for my cat, I heard a "meow" from a place with many trees and bushes, about 400m from my home. I approached and I heard a cat meowing at me, but the plants were so thick that I couldn't see anything. Following the meow I managed to get very close to the cat which must have been 1-2 meters away from me. It could be my cat's voice but I am not really sure. When I called her she didn't move or reveal herself or anything, just kept meowing. Then I left and went to wake up a friend of mine to come and help me. He came, we looked together but she didn't meow. Then I apologized to my friend for waking him up for no reason and he left. Then I went to search alone and I heard the meowing again, under a bush or something. I went to my friend again and he came back. I approached the bush with him and no more meowing again. Then he left thinking that I was playing with him ( :p ) ... and I continued to search alone, but this time she didn't meow back at me. The voice of the cat was very similar to mine. She had a sweet and soft voice, like a kitty. Next to this place lives another cat, so I think that it might be her child or something as she often goes into these plants. If she was my cat why would she meow at me and not reveal herself? Does anybody have an explanation? Also, as I wrote above, the third time I looked alone I heard nothing. This place is at the end of the village, there are only mountains with wild plants and animals beyond this point. If she left and went to the mountains I don't think that I can found her, not even the FBI could ( :p ). What do you think I should do guys?

Libby.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have a photo of her that you could print out on posters and put up in the other villages as well as yours? Cats can wander.

Libby.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Guys something very weird happened. While I was searching the village for my cat, I heard a "meow" from a place with many trees and bushes, about 400m from my home. I approached and I heard a cat meowing at me, but the plants were so thick that I couldn't see anything. Following the meow I managed to get very close to the cat which must have been 1-2 meters away from me. It could be my cat's voice but I am not really sure. When I called her she didn't move or reveal herself or anything, just kept meowing. Then I left and went to wake up a friend of mine to come and help me. He came, we looked together but she didn't meow. Then I apologized to my friend for waking him up for no reason and he left. Then I went to search alone and I heard the meowing again, under a bush or something. I went to my friend again and he came back. I approached the bush with him and no more meowing again. Then he left thinking that I was playing with him ( :p ) ... and I continued to search alone, but this time she didn't meow back at me. The voice of the cat was very similar to mine. She had a sweet and soft voice, like a kitty. Next to this place lives another cat, so I think that it might be her child or something as she often goes into these plants. If she was my cat why would she meow at me and not reveal herself? Does anybody have an explanation? Also, as I wrote above, the third time I looked alone I heard nothing. This place is at the end of the village, there are only mountains with wild plants and animals beyond this point. If she left and went to the mountains I don't think that I can found her, not even the FBI could ( :p ). What do you think I should do guys?
Get some canned food and bring with you and sit it near where you heard the meowing and move back aways and wait and watch, if you can.

catperson96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The village is a small community with only one cafeteria. I told everybody at the cafeteria, as well as I posted posters on my village. I thought female cats don't travel that long and as some users on this thread suggested, they told me to look close to my home. Also the whole place here is full of empty areas with mountains and small villages. Searching everywhere is like searching for a needle in a haystack. The only hope I have is to upload a video on YouTube offering a lot of money like 10K Euros for everyone who is good at searching stuff so that somebody who needs the money comes and search the whole place. What do you think?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hiding places in the little grassy place could draw her to it, despite it being further away.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This may well be her. Since she has been living as a stray for awhile, it would NOT be unusual for her to be fearful, even of you, at first. Take food to the place where you heard her, and be prepared to sit quietly for some time. There's a good chance that, if it is her, she will realize it really is you, and come out.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a shirt or a towel you've slept in with you. If she doesn't come out, leave the shirt by the food when you leave. this will give her time to remember your scent and you. Her memories have to work through her fear. That's why it
may require help.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens, of course. You'll need to take a nice sized box to put her in and kittens if there are any. You don't want her panicking while you are carrying her home. She is quite likely to panic easily right now.
Be sure to look for kittens.