unneutered male cat hasnt come home in 4 days

ycvlyt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi everyone,
I last saw my cat on the 2nd of July at around 9pm when he was sent out (my parents put him out at night which isn't something I agree with), it has now been 4 days since he last come home and I am worried sick. I've posted on social media and used local lost and found sites, we've gone out and called his name multiple times but we've found nothing so far. We live in Australia so it's winter here, so I'm really worried that he doesn't have warm shelter, food and water. He also disappeared at around this same time last year but it was only for a day. We live in a suburban area, no predators and the road isnt too busy. Idk what to do anymore, I miss him so much and I want nothing more than for him to come back home. Does anyone have any advice for me, or could give me any reassurance that he will come back eventually?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry, this is a situation where risk for disaster is extreme. The recipe is to neuter in time. His chances of / returning / survival will increase dramatically. He will also become easier to have inside at nights...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. There might be some other tips in the TCS article (see link below) that you can do, but it does sound like you are on the right track with what you have done already. Skip over the first part of the article which is addressing what to do if your cat is lost within your home. This article also includes a suggestion about making up flyers and sharing them around the neighborhoods, as well as local businesses, vet offices, rescue centers/shelters.
Help! My Cat Is Lost! – TheCatSite Articles

Don't panic yet, there are many posts on this site about cats coming back home, whether that be in a few days, weeks, even months!!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Four days isn't all that long for an unneutered cat to be gone. He's probably out there sowing his oats and making a batch of kittens :frown:. AND possibly getting into fights with other tomcats. When and if he comes home again, neutering is your best bet to keep him near home.

I once had a cat accidentally get outside while I was on vacation and she was gone for a few months. I went out every morning around sunrise, and every evening at sunset and looked for her and had finally given up when one day I heard her mewling. There she was, right next door under our neighbors porch. I have no idea how long she had been there, but she was terrified and it took a long time to get her out from there. She never, ever tried to get outside again!

I sincerely hope your boy comes home soon.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can put his litter outside and a place that's insulated for him to hide. (Something like this? Google Image Result for https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lpW69fNzcjc/maxresdefault.jpg)

It will help him smell his way home.

A baby monitor may help you to hear him come home when you aren't able to be at the door. Im not sure if in Australia but you can check on your local Buy Nothing group if someone has one you can borrow or keep.

Perhaps you could talk to your parents about having him stay in your room with the door closed at night so he isn't bugging them? He will be less bothersome at night if fixed. Most places have low cost clinics. I'm unsure your age or ability to work, but that's how I got Nobel fixed when I first got him. You could try to raise some money to do it otherwise.

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Set a trap and get him neutered fast! Put out his favorite wet food night after night, put out his litter box in another place he frequents.